Nothing is for sure.
That's why for budding friendships, I say that there is a trial period. So what if you're in frequent contact with another person for a month? Even if it seems promising, it means nothing. For the first three months or so, both parties are on trial. What's the person like? Boring? Sensitive? Demanding? True colours are shown only after a period of time, and I'm sure all of us are on our best behaviours initially. That's when we really know whether our characters allow us to get along well for an extended period of time.
I'm just tired of "friendships" pittering away to nothing after a month or two. Like everybody knows, the greater the expectations, the greater the disappointment. Henceforth, it would be better to just be pleasant to everyone, not dwell too much on the new interesting people that I meet, and simply wait to see how things work out.
Making plans into the future, even for a few months... How can you really do that? Everything's unpredictable.