About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> share with me your.....
> people, goodness, happiness
> a bad start doesn't lead to a bad end
> and this goes out to you
> growing up, albeit reluctantly
> i like japanese classes :)
> module booboos
> don't *beep* with someone's future!
> the child within
> living to eat :)

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

will you f***ing shut up?!
Tuesday, 22 April 2008


Yes, I have been jolted out of my short-lived hiatus from my blog.

Our teacher introduced this song to us in class today, but I must say that the version we saw/heard was nicer. Although I was very much taken by the voice, there was this idiot in class who kept looking at irrelevant stuff and making stupid remarks. It's one thing to be a dumbass and think stupid things, it's another to share that stupidity with everyone! It bloody disrupts the class and pisses off people like me. Finally the teacher had enough of this nonsense for the last semester and the past few weeks, so she told the class off, somewhat. She said that this class jests and fools around too much, and I couldn't agree more. In a way I was glad she finally said something and was dead serious about it, because the whole class finally - for once! - felt the gravity of the situation and everyone shut up, no snide remarks or anything like that. However, at the same time I felt bad for her. It must be rather disappointing to have students who mock her efforts, and who blatantly show disrespect, either with regards to the class materials, or to her directly.

Aside from today's incident, there was another yesterday where the class was stunned into shocked silence for a while. I was minding my own business before class started when I heard, "Are you fucking listening to me?" Bells rang in my mind because I was thinking wait a minute, isn't that A, and wasn't he talking to the teacher? So I looked up, and so he was. I can't remember what else he said, but when the teacher responded, "それはとても失礼でした," he yelled back "I don't fucking give a damn!" pause. "Do you hear me?!"

Those were shouted, mind you, and the whole class fell silent. Awkwardness reigned. And the teacher, much to her credit, swiftly moved the class along to the day's lesson plan. I wonder what gives students the right to hurl vulgarities at our teachers. I felt so ashamed. The indignities a teacher suffers.

Whether it is one's home environment or outside-of-home environment that determines one's behaviour, being vulgar to teachers is something I cannot understand. So I chalk it up to cultural differences. There should be some limit to one's rights and the freedom of speech, no? Even if it's self-imposed discipline. No wonder our elders look at us and say that the younger generation is incorrigible nowadays. I'm part of that younger generation, but seeing such reccuring behaviour in class, I simply have to agree.

Sigh. The negative elements in class didn't leave, as I'd hoped.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 11:38 am :)