As I was coming down from the laundry room, turning lights off along the way since it's broad daylight, and thinking how I like to do that because it's like doing my good deed for the day, I was jolted out of my musings when I slipped on the edge of the staircase. A rude awakening, indeed. Hearing all the vulgarities from Ollie during our Japanese class isn't helping my language in any way. After an uttered oath, I felt a little mad at myself - was I trying to fall down two days in a row, in situations that will hurt quite a bit? >.<
Anyway, the interview presentation is over! Just as I enjoy watching people's dressing, I enjoy seeing couples stroll hand in hand as they move apart and come together... Perhaps some distance, watching from afar, that suits me better. There's no personal involvement, not really anyway, and the bystander sees more of the game. Are there any feelings of envy? As long as I'm merely observing, objectively, there shouldn't be any. Things just are, simply as I just am.
Japanese classes are when I get to speak up more, not really by choice, but I speak up more nonetheless. From the interactions within the class, from presentations to sentence construction on the board, it gradually becomes clear as to who the more academic-oriented ones are, and conversely the more play-oriented ones. The topics we choose, sentences we create, they say something about us, don't they? Those are what interest us, intrigue us. I envy those who can come up with difficult sentences on serious issues, because those are beyond me, both in terms of my level of interest, and the scope of my vocabulary. More simply put, those never come to mind! I prefer to create more light-hearted sentences like 「 写真で比較したら、過去のほうは細かったが、今から体重を減やすのは無理なので、楽しく食べよう!」 because they make me feel happier, and it makes the class laugh. There are times when I think that although these are amusing, maybe they sound too juvenile even though they include all the new kanji that we're supposed to include in the sentence. Then again, why should I care? As long as I'm improving, and am capable of work that is of the same standard as the others, even though the topic differs, then that's good enough, right? At least I know that I do/write things that interest me, and are somewhat a reflection of who I am.
Speaking of improving, I think we have expanded our knowledge of vocabulary and kanji reading, and basically our understanding of Japanese, even though it didn't seem to be the case. Presentations make my legs turn to jelly, but it's good practice for using the desu/masu form. Once I'm up there, to a certain extent it's enjoyable being the 'star of the show' and having everyone's undivided attention. The encouragement of friends, who'll say "good job!" and stuff like that, they make the late nights (and running around frantically in the morning trying to print the slides) worthwhile.
Verbal diarrhoea. I'd better stop, so that's it for now. Toodles~ :)