About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> the boredom is eating at me
> some randomness
> housewife in the making!
> domestication
> on guys
> kyoto, the land of the temples!
> hey, you! friend?
> hello, memory
> そうしていいの?
> Photos tend to reflect the state of my life. I was...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

Saturday, 1 December 2007

Meeting up with my uncle was fun, and it beats the monotony of staying in my room to stone or roll around on my bed. Soon after meeting up, he barrelled into UniQlo with the intent of buying me warm room-wear because it's cold nowadays, despite my saying that it's warm in my room once I turn on the heater, that I'm fine... The way he stalked around the store purposefully with me dutifully tagging along behind, it seemed that he was adamant on buying me something. And it was so. He chose a particular design, and after I told him I can wear S or M, grabbed an M because there was no S, and went to the cashier. So I've now one more layer to wear during my Niigata/Hokkaido trip, haha. I also have this urge to go back to UniQlo, because there are loads of winter stuff now, and those reversible jackets are so cute and christmasy! I tell myself that it's something I can bring into the cold LT in NUS, so that justifies my buying one more, if I do end up buying, which seems to be quite likely. =p

Onward, ho! We went to this hamburger place called Gold Rush. After hearing that I've got quite an appetite and am able to generally eat more than my friends, he ordered a 450g portion of hamburger for each of us. Well I've no idea how big it would be, since the weight means nothing to me. Even knowing that there would be 4 pieces didn't mean much; After all, some places serve tiny hamburgers. When the food came, this is what I saw:



Doesn't seem like much, does it? I dug in happily, and it was so yummy! Oh, before that, when the waitress dribbled the gravy on our hamburgers, we were supposed to hold up the napkins to shield ourselves from the splatter of oil. I've never seen that in Singapore before, but apparently everyone there did that! Judging from the number of oil splots that appeared on the napkin, it was just as well. I certainly didn't want all that on my nice new dress!

As I was eating, I was looking around, and I soon realised that what most people order is different from us. Their portions are half ours, ie they only have two hamburgers. Even the guy at the table next to ours ordered that. Upon realising that, I was rather horrified. I thought four was the norm, but apparently not! ... And I ate up every single morsel. Oh well, at least my uncle was happy that I could finish my food. :)

Since my uncle works near where I stay, he's intending to try to meet me for dinner at least once a month (I think), and I've got an invitation to go to his house and stay over during the new year period! I kinda want to meet my three cousins whom I haven't seen in over ten years. Yet much as I want to meet them, I have a feeling that we won't have much to say when we finally do meet. Hopefully they've all matured and won't bully me anymore. =x

I think it's sweet how my uncle was looking out for my well-being, wanting to ensure I stay warm (most people seem to be like that. Maybe it's because I'm from sunny Singapore, and perhaps more susceptible to the cold?). I also mentioned that I love desserts, and when we were nearly at the station I noticed he kept craning his neck to look at something. Apparently he wanted to buy shuu cream for me to bring back to my dorm to eat! I felt self-conscious spending his money though, especially after he bought me clothes and dinner, so I fibbed that my refrigerator's too full to put in anything else. So we're going to eat yummy dessert together at Shibuya next time. Not much difference huh.

Before we parted ways at the train station, he took out a ticket from his pocket - he bought it for me while he was waiting for me to arrive! That was the ultimate sweet thing to do, I think! I'm in a goooood mood. It is wonderful to have family in Japan! <3

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 9:16 pm :)