About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> midweek fun
> rant rant rant
> Note to self: email econs department about honours...
> I have to declare that I truly don't like group wo...
> girls' down time
> friday foolery
> in my online absence, i was doing...
> Re: Japanese class presentation
> back in my room, recounting events/thoughts...
> slowpoke at work

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

reading ways
Saturday, 14 June 2008

Instead of merely bumming and slacking my night away, I decided that I needed to pull up my socks, so I sat myself down and read my Japanese book. After quite a herculean effort (or so I think), I plowed through about ten pages. The plot's getting clearer, and I'm less stumped by the grammar and vocabulary, so it's actually not as great a torture to read as it was previously. However, it is still a huge hassle as compared to reading an English novel, which explains why I've been dragging my feet and making progress at the pace of a snail. But you know, sometimes it strikes you that you can't go on a particular way forever, and that spurs you to action. It occurred to me that I don't want to do a presentation having read only a few pages of a 175-page book. If my diligence continues and I read about 10 pages a day, I'll be able to clear the 135 pages I have remaining in the three weeks leading up to my presentation. Sounds good? Yes, definitely. The problem now lies in maintaining the diligence. It's always easy to make plans, but end up detracting from them. Just look at my dieting and exercising efforts! Then again, I always make enough effort to be diligent for a period of time before lapsing back to my lazy ways. I just need to keep this up for three weeks!

*psyches self*

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 2:03 am :)