About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Re: Japanese class presentation
> back in my room, recounting events/thoughts...
> slowpoke at work
> I kind of hate how I have to stay in on my free da...
> the culture-immersion day
> these shoes aren't made for walking
> I need to return to the eat-less-and-exercise-more...
> beyond the borders of a classroom
> Hello, cold.After having temperatures hovering in ...
> you wouldn't understand even if you'd tried

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

in my online absence, i was doing...
Wednesday, 4 June 2008

So last week was pretty eventful. If I went into details this will be a kick-ass long entry, so I shall try to cut down on words and let the pictures do the talking.

26/5 (Mon): Someone turned 22!

I have realised that it is very difficult to spring surprising surprises well, but I tried my best given my time and creativity constraints. I have also realised that I will probably only celebrate the birthdays of the friends I've made here only once, unless I happen to be in their home countries on their birthdays in the future. This is really belated, but I hope you had a good day! Even if my creations stuck on your door aren't very well done, and the tape is dirty... but hey, I tried! Running around barefooted to reduce the noise (and hence the suspicion) and being super careful not to let my fingernails tap on the door as I was sticking on the stuff. :)


making a wish (check out the no. of cakes!)


*blows* happy birthday! :)

28/5 (Wed): Sitting in on Regulus' training

Guess who was in Japan and wrangled a visit to Regulus' training?

Watching a Japanese cheerleading team train was really an eye opener. From the get-go, the members seemed to enjoy training so much, even the warm ups. I was impressed by the efficiency and the discipline. When they were given a water break, they did only that - drink water and come right back to the hall. Nobody had to go to the toilet to yank the stragglers back to training, and throughout the two hours there was no time at all at which someone just stood around doing nothing. They took initiative, and even the members who aren't in the first team were practising their tumbling and girl-basing at the side. In addition, there was a girl who'd sprained her ankle at the previous training. She only asked to be excused from some warm ups that would hurt her ankle more, but during the run through for the routine she gave it her all, doing all her stunts. And mind you, she was involved in so many stunts as she was the top flyer. That's rather unconceivable in Singapore, really. For the slightest injury the flyers don't come to trainings at all, or if they do they're virtually useless. I guess that shows how much the different in passion and motivation is. Needless to say, I was very, very impressed. They absolutely blew me away in every way!


try as i might, i couldn't get a sharp shot of their jumps cos they're too fast - snap!
but look at how darn high they jump!!!


to increase the difficulty, a partner pushes one down and you've to resist


if you're a guy, tough luck - the girl climbs onto you!


spartan doing a very proper cupie


it seemed surreal that he was in japan!

30/5 (Fri): bumming around

It only made me realise just how poor I am at guiding people around Tokyo, because I really don't know what there is to do/see here, apart from eat and shop! Sure, there have been places that I've been to and enjoyed, but they don't seem major enough to warrant a trip there by tourists. I don't know, it makes me feel incompetent. Then again, in my own defense, it is not my ambition to be a tour guide!


of course we had to take purikura, it's cheap here!

31/5 (Sat): Cheerleading Asia International Open

The first major cheerleading competition that I've attended live! To me it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I forked out a bit more money and got an arena seat. The downside was that we had a side view, and the front would've been so much better! However, one thing I have to say is that it was absolutely thrilling to be so near to the action, and be able to watch cheerleading routines for so many hours! Having said that... I have to admit that after a while it got a little bit boring because there was a seemingly endless supply of teams, and the stunts and ways of mounting were the same after a while. Sure their movements are sharp and all, but it would've been nice to see more variations. I get the impression that in US and other Western countries, while the final pyramid might be the same (eg swedish fall), their ways of mounting are very different, which makes it a treat to watch. In any case, I enjoyed myself! And it was pretty cool having participants from my own country! :D


evidence that i was there!!!


japanese cheerleaders


look what an all-girls team can do!
a chair's no kick, and the shoulder stand base can withstand 2 people's weight
(although some unstable stunts had the bottom girl teetering and collapsing)


haiiiiyah! kungfu basket toss! =p


just look at the angle of their toe touch!


more flexible scorpions


not so flexible scorpions


awaiting results


the gloomy sky that greeted us as we left the stadium

It's been a while since I was so overwhelmed with cheerleading related stuff - catching up with my cheerleader friends, watching cheerleaders perform... It made me happy! At the same time it made me eager to do some stunts as well. I was feeling all enthusiastic about it, until Yoon Jeong gave me a reality check. "First you'll have to return to being 45kg."

Ouch.

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:18 am :)