About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Note to self: email econs department about honours...
> I have to declare that I truly don't like group wo...
> girls' down time
> friday foolery
> in my online absence, i was doing...
> Re: Japanese class presentation
> back in my room, recounting events/thoughts...
> slowpoke at work
> I kind of hate how I have to stay in on my free da...
> the culture-immersion day

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

rant rant rant
Tuesday, 10 June 2008

I lost my Sony flash drive last Sunday and realised it only today! It must've happened when I went to the computer lab to print my stuff, after which I promptly left the place while the flash drive was still poked into the computer... And some idiot stole it! Yes, instead of leaving it there for the owner to realise that it's lost and to retrieve it after a week, or to turn it in to the staff, a dishonest person took it! And there goes my cute, tiny, 8-gram, 1GB flash drive and cover.


isn't it cute?!

While searching for the above picture, I came across some other information, stating that the flash drive has something called a virtual expander "for up to three times the storage capacity". How cool is that?! And I'd noticed it without knowing what the heck it was about. Damn, no wonder someone took it! Then I got a bit annoyed because it wouldn't have happened if I had been in NUS. Why? Simply because I don't carry flash drives around to print my stuff! I go to the computer lab, call up my files from my inbox, click some buttons, and by some IT miracle, it's automatically sent to the printers. All I need to do is insert my cashcard and pay! It's hard not to forget that it's not the same way in Waseda. If only!

So I went to the co-op and bought myself a new storage device. Being the kuku that I am, I didn't know that even with the adapter, the SD card wouldn't fit into the normal USB port! What a bummer! While I can use my new purchase for my handphone to take pictures, and my laptop has this slot for SD cards, I'm not sure if most computers have that. If not, I'll either need to buy a proper thumbdrive, or get a card reader. How silly can I get?


my cute-but-not-as-cute-as-the-sony-micro-vault card

Actually it really bums me out whenever I lose stuff. Maybe I'm prone to tripping and falling, but losing things is not something that I do often. While my brother went through many wallets in primary and secondary school, I'd never lost mine, not even once. Even if my room's a pigsty, I know that my notes/whatever other necessities are in there somewhere. So you could say that I'm not used to having my belongings go missing, and I hate it when that happens. In this instance, I can only be thankful that I merely used it as a mobile device to transfer my files from my laptop to the computer lab for printing, and not as a storage device for my pictures etc to make space in my hard disk. Unless the culprit likes to read reports, there's nothing of interest in there.

Even as I tell myself that, a small voice is protesting, "but still........."

* * *

A F T E R M A T H

After that ranting, I brooded a bit more about how I could've been so careless when I suddenly had the distinct impression that I did remove my flash drive from the computer! With a bit more thinking on my part, I suddenly had a "EUREKA!" moment. I dug through my pile of bags, retrieved one that I don't often use but used last Sunday, and found my flash drive within. To think that I was busy cursing someone in an earlier paragraph when there was no finger-pointing to be done in the first place. I fear that karma's going to come and bite me in the backside.

It has become obvious even to myself that my absent-mindedness knows no bounds -.-

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 4:31 pm :)