About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> don't *beep* with someone's future!
> the child within
> living to eat :)
> socialising
> on languages
> professor-activated rant
> back to school: day 2
> blood ties
> back to school!
> two in a million

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

module booboos
Tuesday, 15 April 2008

* This is really just for me to rant, nothing interesting. Don't bother reading if all that talk about credit transfer causes question marks to pop up above your head. *

Module matters make me feel grumpy. I've just come back from dropping two classes, adding a new one, and am currently considering the last one which was not approved for credit transfer. Before I delve into that, I was a little taken aback that the add/drop process was done manually, with students filling in an add/drop sheet with module code, title, professor etc, and handing it in to the staff to record on more pieces of paper. Paper paper paper! I thought everything was done online these days, so I was expecting the add/drop options to appear online. When it didn't, I was a little perplexed, until I web-surfed and found out we're supposed to go to a particular room to do it. So yes, Waseda University isn't exactly very technologically advanced, from what I've seen these past six months.

Anyway. I was all prepared to drop the World Economy and International Business class because I couldn't get it mapped, but my friend pleaded with me not to drop it because, in his words, he doesn't want "to sit with that... that person (he doesn't) want to talk to!" Me, I'm the veteran of taking classes alone, so I know how sucky that can be, and sometimes it's worse to have someone you know and feel obliged to sit with even though you want to do nothing of that sort. So I grudgingly agreed to continue with the class. When I returned to my room to think more about it, I realised I don't really want to have another module to study for during the exam period if it's going to come to nothing (notwithstanding gaining new knowledge). And that class is a blight on my Friday schedule, having to wait two periods before finishing off my day with that class. So I brought my module mapping request back to my own department, wondering if there's any way for it to be approved since their recommended faculty, the dratted Business School, didn't approve it. I hope to get a speedy reply. If the appeal works, then hey, credit transfer for me! If not, I will drop that module officially, yet still attend classes with my friend. Sitting in, of sorts, and killing two birds with one stone - keeping my friend company, and learning new stuff without having to be tested on it. And avert my thoughts and try to forget about my 6 modules/semester situation the new academic year.

At least there was something good that came out of the upset over this crap.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 3:41 pm :)