Once again the devil perched on my shoulder and urged, "Go get a haircut!" After five to six months of abstinence, I gave in to the urge (like I always do) and trooped down to a salon. The place was small but pretty.
One of the first things they did was to take my coat and bag.
Then I sat at the waiting area and... waited, duh.
Then they gave me a form for first-timers to fill out (struggled with the Japanese -.-)
Then I was sat down elsewhere and asked what haircut I wanted - to which I said 'anything'.
So the guy (who was really cute, by the way!!) flipped through a magazine and told me what he thinks would be good for me. To which I said 'ok, anything's ok'.
Then I was sat down at another place, and the haircut began!
As he cut, we chatted. He remembered my name from the form I filled out. Sweet.
Everytime he came back from wherever he went, he said "すみません、お待たせしました”.
When I got tired of looking at my reflection, or the feet on the other side of the glass panel, I snuck peeks at him.
Numerous locks of my hair landed on me, and on the floor.
Snip, snip, snip. So much came off, it's amazing there was any left on my head.
Then he was showing me how I should blow my hair for the nicest effect.
To his consternation, I informed him I don't own a hair dryer. And answered that I don't get awful bedheads, neither do I catch colds from not using the dryer.
When he was done, he retrieved my belongings, and helped me into the coat. I'm super unused to that - in Singapore we don't wear coats, so no such service?
After payment, he walked me to the door.
He told me to have a good trip to Okinawa.
I told him to have a good trip to Hokkaido.
And I came back (and found out more about him. The powers of the internet!)
Surprisingly, despite the massive amounts of hair lopped off, much of the length is retained, it just became wispier and lighter.
And spring is coming! The bare branches of trees are starting to have flowering buds in pink and white, and I bet it's going to look absolutely wonderful when they're in full bloom!