Over the weekend I was really free so I ended up writing a lot to contribute to this blog. Let's start with the topic of my grandparents. (backdated to 16 february) I’ve realized that my grandmother likes to barge in on me when I’m bathing! There’s one curtain outside the bathroom door, and another inside. After a previous fiasco where I was too rough and caused the whole curtain rail to fall off (and possibly led to a blackout in the house somehow), I’ve taken to just drawing the outside curtain. The first time my grandmother pushed through the curtain and yanked open the door when I was bathing, I got the shock of my life! I can’t remember what it was that she wanted to tell me, but hello, I was stark naked! Maybe she didn’t mind seeing me naked since I’m her grand-daughter, but still, I don’t want even my grandmother to see me in my birthday suit, it’s so embarrassing! Today she did something similar, yanking aside curtain but thankfully leaving the door alone. Even so, the door was of frosted glass so she probably got a glimpse of my bare back. I’m not sure if she thinks I’m so forgetful that she needs to remind me to activate the jet for a Jacuzzi-like effect, or if she just gets a cheap thrill out of seeing me naked. Grr. Grandmothers. -.- Grandfather As I was using the laptop in bed yesterday, I heard my grandfather trundling downstairs and talking to my grandmother, when I thought he was already fast asleep in the next room. Then, very surprisingly my grandmother came up, popped her head in, and told me to turn off the heater when I go to sleep. Tonight I realized why. Apparently my grandfather got out of bed, went down and hammered on the bathroom door where my grandmother was bathing. His message: To come upstairs and tell me to switch the heater off in case anything happens at night, like maybe some electrical shortage which cause flying sparks or something along that line. In his mind, for me to be alone in the room with the heater on is dangerous. When I had friends over previously, it wasn’t too bad because he felt that should anything untoward happen, one of us will notice. So I guess this means that: Kaori alone in the room = pig sleeping, dead to the world and will not notice anything = dangerous. Ahah. But I love it when I find out such stuff, that my grandfather means well. It’s a nice change from having him hide upstairs to watch tv when I’m downstairs stoning. Either he wanted me to have the freedom to change the channels, or he was keeping away from me. After enjoying a nice long soak in the tub (one of the best parts of coming to my grandparents’ place, I get a bath rather than just a shower!), I came upstairs for some personal time, and so that my grandmother would go to sleep instead of staying up with me in the living room. Once again, I came into a warm room, because my grandfather always turns the heater on in advance for me so that I wouldn’t come in and shiver while waiting for the warm air to flood the room. Then I looked at my futon. Hmm, it looks neater than when I left it this morning. Keeping in mind that I turned the heater off when I went to bed, it was freezing when I woke up. So when I climbed out of the futon, I took 5 seconds to throw the blankets towards the pillow (a form of making the bed, haha) and hurried downstairs seeking warmth. Tonight, when I took a closer look at my three blankets (I needed every layer!), I realized that my grandfather made the bed for me again! This is aside from the fact that he usually lays out the futon for me when I come to stay over. The blankets were nicely placed and turned down. Wow. While my grandmother makes sure I am fed, it appears that my grandfather looks after me in terms of comfort and warmth. Coming to my grandparents’ place, I really lead the life of a princess!
Grandmother