I just went to Santoku, and I'm feeling happy! There were more hinamatsuri products on sale (even the Koala biscuit packaging had the hinamatsuri edition!), and there was a song on hinamatsuri blaring over the speakers. What a lovely feeling, being reminded continually that 3 march is going to be celebrated, hahaha. Labels: food
I didn't have anything in particular to buy, but I just walked through all the aisles. As I walked past the meat section and saw the chicken wings, I stopped and stared. Memories of past barbeques at East Coast Park, chalets, sy's place flooded my mind, and drool flooded my mouth. I so wanted to eat bbq chicken wings then! I wonder if the Japanese have bbqs when the weather gets warmer? And where? Maybe I should ask around, and bug some of them to organise in the future.
I saw huge squids on sale! Much as I wanted to buy squids to cook in the dorm, somehow the thought scares me a little. Usually they're small and slimy, and I can't really imagine yanking out their tentacles and cutting them up while the small beady eyes stare at me. Today they were big and frozen, but the thought is still urgh. Even if I'll get stinky fingers and all, one day I will pluck up the courage to buy and cook them! My sambal chilli awaits... =D
Very randomly, thoughts of okonomiyaki came to mind. I think we have all the necessary ingredients, but I don't want to do it alone, that's too sad. Yoon Jeong, come back quick! I've added another item to our to-eat list!
And I've got a beer date tomorrow!