I'm behind time again! It's rather annoying when it's a day ahead from what I thought. Like how I thought today's Friday when it's actually Saturday! Which means the darn library is closed and I can't return yj's book for her. Oh dear, when is it due? =s Labels: Japan
I like holidays. (Who doesn't?) Instead of having the mandatory classes to attend, I can bum around leisurely, go out as I please, travel if my finances permit it... That's probably the best part of being overseas. Five months into the exchange, I can still breathe in deeply and think "the air smells different". Maybe it's because it's winter, the air seems more crisp, more refreshing. A little ironic that I thought this while I was in the washroom, of all places! The previous time I walked the route to Daiso, I thought about the first time I walked there on 18 September, the day I moved into Hoshien. At that time it was starting to sink in that I wasn't at home anymore, that the route I was walking, while unfamiliar then, would become familiar soon. While everything seemed alien, I kept walking forward, because forward was the only way to go. Snuggling under my covers in the chilly night (or rather, anytime I feel bored, because I hop into bed often) seems to be second nature, but I think that soon enough I'll be snuggling under covers in another country thinking of this particular bed. Knowing that the present will become history in the future, I hold on to it tighter now.
Today's the third day of the lunar new year. Is everyone still scuttling about doing their visiting? Is 03A11 visiting Mrs Tan and Joey again this year? Did everyone buy new clothes to wear for this festive period? That's a whole world away. In Japan, it's like any other day.