I'm older than most of my friends here (even if we're born in the same year, my birthday's a few months earlier than theirs), but... everyone seems to treat me as their little sister. Maybe it's because I'm the shortest around, or that I look young, or that I behave childishly. Whatever the case, I've been earning myself pats on the head, or being called "kaori-chan!". Not that I really mind, since it's stupid to be a stickler for "respect" with regards to this issue, and it's fun being just the way I am. I guess it's hard to see someone as being older when you can tower over her and the person in question behaves in an immature manner. Lots of people crave equality, wanting to be on par with everyone else, but in this case... I'm happy being the kid. At least I don't get the feeling that no one takes me seriously, or that I'm being looked down upon figuratively instead of merely literally. We're all friends, so we kid around, make fun of each other, and basically have fun.
So maybe I don't have that many friends here, but those that I have are great. :)