About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> something about manners
> randomness
> phone calls make me happy ii
> ten years off my life
> The weather was horrible. It was cold, rainy, had ...
> phone calls make me happy
> bop to the beat
> Some time ago as I was on my way back to my dorm w...
> de bear sez...
> 日本にいて、嬉しい!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

the pitter patter of little feet
Thursday, 4 October 2007

I'm free now! No Japanese homework to do, or quizzes to study for! *pleased* Of course, I've got a set of readings to do, but that's not urgent, so it can wait. I'm feeling really happy. Sure, little things like doing the laundry, buying my own groceries, or even simply being in Japan, make me feel grown up, independent, free and happy. With friends, the feeling is magnified. Usually, I hang out with a group of three other Koreans, although one of them is more outgoing and meets more other friends, but yeah, the four of us form a core group. Even within a clique, there's bound to be someone whom you're closer to, and groups of four usually walk in two pairs on the streets. So I'm closest to Yoon Jeong, my neighbour. Soo Yon is friendly and chatty, so she's really easy to get along with. So Young, while friendly, gives me the feeling of being a little more distant, and she has the most trouble with my Singapore accent, which makes me feel a little self-conscious sometimes.

Nevertheless, when she called me this evening to ask me out for dinner, I was happy. I love it when people call or message me, because it shows that someone's thinking of me, and bothering to contact me. It's also a kind of assurance that I've friends, and I fit in somewhere in this foreign land. Yoon Jeong was coming with us, but at the last minute she decided to go for the Japanese Festa because she wasn't hungry. Honestly, I felt a little nervous because I was worried that So Young and I wouldn't have much to talk about, and I really hate awkward silences.

Now that dinner's over, I'm of the mind that we needed this time together alone, and be forced to talk to each other instead of talking over or through each other. It was great. Since I love hearing about other people's relationships, and she was willing to share with me about hers, it was fun. Girl talk, you know? And it probably gave her the opportunity to get used to my English too. As an aside, I think she's lucky to have a boyfriend who puts her as top priority no matter what, and doesn't get jealous, and is very, very committed. Initially when I heard he's not romantic, I thought oh okay... Yet the more she told me, the more impressed I was. Sometimes you hear about people like that, and you'll think that it's so hard to come across such a fine specimen of a man. Certainly, there are cons to counteract his pros, but overall it's good. No wonder they've been dating for six years.

Dinner, then grocery shopping together, was 2 hours extremely well-spent. And now there's the possibility of travelling to Kyoto together to visit our respective friends. I find it all very positive. After all, when two people make plans, even tentative ones, to do things together, it usually means that they like each other enough to want to do it. The thought that I'm making friends, real friends, here... It blows my mind. Tonight, it feels like we took a step forward, and I'm having this feeling that now we can work towards becoming better friends.

I am happy! I am so happy!

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 7:27 pm :)