About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> de bear sez...
> 日本にいて、嬉しい!
> hungry, and i'm surrounded by food
> every day's exciting
> hello autumn, you're late
> the care attack
> all in two days' work
> tetsudatte kudasai!
> i can't think of an apt title
> konbanwa!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

Friday, 28 September 2007

Some time ago as I was on my way back to my dorm when I came across a whole bunch of waseda university Falcon cheerleaders. It's been nearly two weeks since I came to Japan, but I've yet to find out more about the clubs available at the university, or done anything to further my interest in cheerleading. A part of me wants to try something new, and just get lost in the swing of things here. There are so many activities to be involved in, so many organised for international students like myself. It's easier to join an activity with friends, and start off on a level playing field. Joining cheerleading here would be plunging myself into a group of foreign people who are in a different league from myself. It's rather scary. At the moment I'm rather contented basking in the newness of everything, going out and seeing more of Japan, or holing (hole-ing?) up in my room watching dramas when my friends and I are tired of going out.

The most basic things here can be different from Singapore. Take the size of the crow, for example. The crows here are so huge, they're rather intimidating. They can probably gouge out someone's eyes with no effort at all. I'll try to snap a picture if I've the chance to. When caught up in all these changes, it's easier to hang on to people and things who understand these differences, who're going through the same.

I've got to think about it.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 3:58 pm :)