About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> randomness
> phone calls make me happy ii
> ten years off my life
> The weather was horrible. It was cold, rainy, had ...
> phone calls make me happy
> bop to the beat
> Some time ago as I was on my way back to my dorm w...
> de bear sez...
> 日本にいて、嬉しい!
> hungry, and i'm surrounded by food

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

something about manners
Wednesday, 3 October 2007

School is looking up! Today, I actually got lecturers who could speak fluent English! Attending such lessons were like music to my ears, although the first Israeli professor spoke rather monotonously, so it was hard to keep my eyes open. The second Korean professor was kind of funny. His two main rules for us: not to talk to our neighbours, and no sleeping. In the next breath, he said "dozing off is ok". So apparently it's fine to nod off, because he understands that there are days when we just can't stay awake, just as long as we don't put our head down on the table to sleep. If we want to sleep, we should just go to bed. Hmmm, true enough! I'm actually looking forward to this module, it seems like it'll be challenging and interesting.

As I was leaving the building, I saw this:



I understand the no smoking and no cycling bit, but the words "be well-mannered" kinda tickled me. I imagined all the smokers who stand around there to smoke (yes, it's like NUS where people smoked in front of the sign that says "NUS is a smoke-free campus" or something like that) speaking very proper English or Japanese, without omitting any "please" or "thank you". People say/come out with the darndest things sometimes!

The weather's acting up again. From being rather cold, it has let up and temperatures have risen a little, such that we can walk around in skirts without feeling overly cold. Oh wait, what am I talking about? Even when I found it bitterly cold, there were Japanese girls who could walk around in short shorts/skirts + thin coat + boots. When I see people dressed like that with goosebumps on their thighs, I feel like smirking. ;p

And just to be frivolous, I like my outfit today. Still conservative by Japanese standards, but I like it simple, and I can finally put my stockings to use!


Labels: , , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 5:59 pm :)