About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> phone calls make me happy ii
> ten years off my life
> The weather was horrible. It was cold, rainy, had ...
> phone calls make me happy
> bop to the beat
> Some time ago as I was on my way back to my dorm w...
> de bear sez...
> 日本にいて、嬉しい!
> hungry, and i'm surrounded by food
> every day's exciting

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

randomness
Tuesday, 2 October 2007



Hello everyone! :)
(my room is still full of food)

Some pictures to introduce my friends here:


hoony, soo yon - us asians as fond of peace


yoon jeong, chris - even non-asians are influenced


soo yon, yoon jeong, so young

Somehow, it seems that wherever I go, cliques of four work best. I'm coming to know more and more Koreans in Japan rather than Japanese, but I can't help it, it seems that they're everywhere! At the SILS welcome reception last night, I finally got to meet more Singaporeans. Albert's on exchange from Beijing University, while Yue is a 2nd year SILS student, and apparently there's a Singapore Students' Association that's going to throw a welcome party for Singaporeans. About time, I'd say! ;p

Whenever I try to find pictures of Waseda University, I keep coming across pictures of the clock tower. It's probably the most prominent symbol, and I'd seen it a couple of times when I wandered around school in the day. However, when I saw it at night for the first time yesterday, I couldn't help but wonder why those websites don't put up night shots. It has more 'wow' factor, and made me stand there and do nothing but look for a while:


pretty, isn't it? warm, welcoming

Tuesday. Second day of lessons. First class starts at 9am. Teacher wants us there at 8.50am. Friends supposed to walk over together at 8.35am. My alarm rang at 7.30am. I woke up at 8.33am. I don't think I've ever dressed and rushed downstairs in about 5 minutes! Given that being late 3 times = counted as 1 absence, and absences of more than 1/3 the total number of classes leads to an immediate F, I didn't want to chance it. Maybe I should get my friends to call to make sure I'm awake next time.

It's rather strange that Japan, being so advanced technologically, still employs the use of chalkboards even at the university level. There are no lecture theatres here; Lectures are conducted in big classrooms, with the professor standing at an elevated podium in front, while the students are on flat ground, unlike the sloping LTs that I'm used to in NUS. And some of the seats here are really, really cramped; It'll be a wonder if the big-sized people manage to slide along the row and squeeze into a seat. Besides that, the seats are uncomfortable. So far most of the classrooms I've been in have wooden benches, sometimes there isn't even anything you can lean back on, or if you do, the wooden table behind pokes into your back painfully. Interesting to see all these, nonetheless. Japanese classes are like tutorials, and today's class was rather challenging, but good - I think. I just don't know how I'm going to remember all that tough new vocab for the quiz on Thursday. And to prepare a speech for a subsequent lesson. Oh oh! Soon we'll be going to Ikebukuro to go through an earthquake and fire simulation exercise, and we'll learn to put out the fire and what not, I think! Looking forward to that. :)


classroom, hallway, friends

I've been productive since I returned from lessons. I disposed my rubbish at the garbage disposal cum recycling corner (Japanese are big on recycling, you have to separate the combustibles and non-combustibles, plastic cans, glass bottles, newspapers...), returned the fan, vacuumed the room, did the laundry, updated my blog... Now it's time to write my Japanese essay. Till next time, please pray that there are no more earthquakes anytime soon!

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:09 pm :)