It's 5.54am, and I'd just come back from a shower and settled down. What an eventful night! First we went to the dorm party, which was like another mini-orientation cum eating session. The lights were too bright, and the venue was too much like a meeting room (which it was, actually. it was modified to become a party venue), but it was all right. Somehow it seems that after a point in time, I don't particularly feel like socialising and introducing myself anymore. After all, by now most people would have formed their own little cliques, so any number exchanges will only be perfunctory without any real purposes. I'm hanging out with my own clique as well, so I don't see how it'll be very much different for other people. Labels: Japan
After a quick trip to a nearby convenience store, a bunch of us headed to Soo Yon's room to hang out and play drinking games. The koreans seem to know many games, and I heard that it's been said that koreans hold their liquor well. Anyway they introduced this game that cl!ck played at sarah's house when we stayed over! It was the korean version of the bom chi chi game! There was something cool about two different cultures having something in common that I could identify. It was really fun hanging out like that, and I wonder if our friendships solidified a little more, and whether it would be the same group I'll be with if we have any group travelling. I liked everyone except Chris; I kinda felt that he was too loud, too brash, too grating on the nerves. There's this feeling that he's out to draw attention to himself, which I find rather annoying.
Another first - we went to a club! It wasn't something I was particularly keen on, but after the whole bunch of them turned on me, I folded under the pressure. I thought it would be interesting to check out the nightlife in Japan at least once. It was freaking expensive travelling there on a cab; It didn't help that we seemed to stop at nearly every traffic light. The entrance fee into Club Asia was rather steep too, but we could hardly turn back after we travelled all the way there. The place reminded me of a disco with all the flashing lights. I found it rather disorienting and initially I felt a little dizzy. From my few experiences in clubs in Singapore, I concluded that in Japan there is more dancing space - you wouldn't be bouncing off people if you so much as moved a step, so that was good. Soo Yon is a crazy dancer, she was really grooving on the stage, then one of the dancers bumped into her and I watched in shock as she fell off the stage. Gawd. Thankfully I later heard from her that she fell on a guy on the ground (as in not on the stage), but he said it was okay, and he put her back on the stage. o.O I don't think anyone really tried to pick us up, although these two guys kinda broke into our circle a little and starting going "wooo!", but we just kinda woo-ed back a little, smiled, but didn't do anything else, so I think they gave up, hahaha. But there was this guy who charged out of nowhere, put an arm around my waist, bopped around a little, then charged on elsewhere. I was quite taken aback, that was quite intimate (to me)!
Anyhow, one thing similar in clubs in Singapore and Japan is that you'll leave with your clothes reeking of cigarette smoke. Damn smelly. It was about 3am when we left, but we decided to wait for the first train at 4.38am, so we killed time at MacDonald's. To me, Japan seemed very happening, because there were tons of people out on the streets in the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps it's like that in Singapore along the Mohd Sultan stretch, but I don't know because of my curfew. So yeah, there were so many people at the train station waiting for the first train! At Takadanobaba, the bus service hadn't started, and it was just our luck that it was raining and the wind was blowing. So freaking cold. It was probably less than 20 deg celsius, and a thin long-sleeved shirt + skirt couldn't really keep the elements at bay. But twas fun, walking back to the dorm in the chilly morning, coming back at a time when the sun was rising. It is such a novel thing! I love this freedom I have here, to try whatever I want, to come back at whatever time I want. Part of me worries that I'll get too used to it, and have a hard time readjusting to all the rules when I get back to Singapore. Then again, that's still quite some way off.
I like hoony. I suppose I like it when guys look out for me when I go clubbing, because I'm an amateur and I'm used to knowing there's a safety net to fall back on. Not all guys know how to give that sense of security, nor do they care to. Some people are simply concerned about having their own fun, talking their own talk, doing their own shit. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
p.s. On a totally different note, I know the difference between mynahs and crows, and I'm saying that the crows here are bigger than in Singapore. So there.