I am completely hopeless at directions. I was supposed to meet my friend between 8-8.30pm, and my meanderings and wanderings brought me on a looooong journey. What was supposed to take between 1.5-2hours took me about 4 hours. -.- It was quite scary actually, the thought of being stranded somewhere far from my dorm, with no means of contacting him, or of going back when it gets too late (the darn trains and buses end services quite early here!). But of course I couldn't look panicked and run about shrieking at the top of my lungs. I tried to walk around like I knew what I was doing, although in reality I had to retrace my steps countless times. Good workout.
Thankfully the meeting turned out all right in the end. It was rather interesting listening in on the conversation between stewards, and even meeting the bigger shots later on in the night. And one of them was flirting with me or something. -.- Being Indian, my name made him think of curry, and he actually called me that, how annoying. Like my friend said, I should've tried asking for an LV bag when he repeatedly asked me if I wanted anything from LA (or wherever he was flying to). The expression would probably have been priceless.
Shopping at AEON the next day.
i love the storefront! what a cheery look
2007年9月27日:
今日はとても楽しいかった!初めて飲み会へいって、あのにぎやかさでびっくりした。近くに座っている日本人と喋ったら、皆はよく飲みに行くと聞いた。シンガポールと比べたら、日本の酒の種類がもっとあって、おいしく、よかった。今日も初めて日本人とちゃんと話せるチャンスがあって、やっと日本語が利用できて、いい練習だと思う。本当に楽しかった!またチャンスがあったら、ぜひもう一どう飲みに行く