About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> brother says the darndest things
> 楽しいな一日
> 江ノ島
> the pitter patter of little feet
> something about manners
> randomness
> phone calls make me happy ii
> ten years off my life
> The weather was horrible. It was cold, rainy, had ...
> phone calls make me happy

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

始めまして... よろしくお願いします
Tuesday, 9 October 2007

There are times when I read through my posts, and I think "eeks! where's the part of me that thinks?" Narration is easy, is rather brainless, and serves a purpose in jolting my memory in future, but occasionally I get the feeling I should just stop and think. Maybe then certain observations will become more meaningful, and it won't seem as though I'm a mere airhead. Perhaps we all blog for different reasons, but the least we can do is to sound intelligent for our readers, right?

Anyhow, one of the most awesome things that can happen when we meet new people is that against the odds, we find someone whom we click with, and have interesting conversations with. I always feel happy at the thought of such a prospect. Besides that, having someone get to know us is like getting to know ourselves all over again. Would it sound weird to say that we take ourselves for granted? We just assume that we're a certain way, and we get so used to ourselves that we forget ourselves. Through others' comments, like hey, you tend to do this-or-that, and that's so -insert adjective-, we then realise oh yeah, we do do that huh! In this way, friends are like mirrors who show us what we are, good or bad. Perhaps especially the bad part, because we get so caught up in ourselves, or are in such denial, that we refuse to acknowledge it if people didn't point it out. It can be quite a revelation, really. So maybe it isn't really right to say that we know ourselves best, because the bystander sees most of the game. I speak for myself when I say that I'm clueless about myself occasionally.

I was talking to someone recently, and he made me think that I use the term "friend" too loosely. I'd asked him if he'd made any new friends at the picnic, and he hesitated, before replying that he's not sure about the friendship part, but he met new people. My reaction was just oh. Okay, generally I'm quite a realist and have my feet firmly planted on the ground, but I hope I don't become so cynical that after a gathering, I'll think caustically to myself that hah, I just made a whole bunch of acquaintances, whoop dee doo! We could do with a little less cynicism and a little more optimism. It isn't altogether bad to look at the world through rose-tinted lenses sometimes, right? Call it naivete, or gullibility, but I like it this way. In any case, it doesn't hurt to meet new people and enjoy ourselves just for that day, does it?

As a friend reminded me, we only live once. Carpe diem!

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 12:46 pm :)