About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> 江ノ島
> the pitter patter of little feet
> something about manners
> randomness
> phone calls make me happy ii
> ten years off my life
> The weather was horrible. It was cold, rainy, had ...
> phone calls make me happy
> bop to the beat
> Some time ago as I was on my way back to my dorm w...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

楽しいな一日
Sunday, 7 October 2007

There was a picnic at Yoyogi Koen organised by Niji No Kai yesterday afternoon, so Rachel, Austin and I brought some food and turned up, eager to meet people and have fun. When we reached the park, there was a large group of people taking up a large patch of grass, energetically practising their dance. It was very entertaining watching them:


look closely

Does anything look out of place in the picture? If you look closely enough, you'll notice that the figure in the cyan uniform is actually a male, and yes, he was enthusiastically shaking his tushies as I snapped the shot.

Some normal pictures of my friends and I:


Rachel


Austin

After we'd eaten, a whole bunch of people got up from the mats and disappeared, some to play ball, others to, well, I don't know. I was feeling too full and bloated, definitely not up to running all around kicking a ball, catching a ball, or throwing a frisbee. I wanted to see what parks in Japan are like, so we decided to take a stroll. It was much, much bigger than I expected, and there were so many people picnicking, playing games, walking their dogs... Parks are very well utilised in Japan, it seems. Or maybe it was simply because it's the weekend and Monday's a holiday as well. I saw this pretty mural on a wall:


dragons always make me think of Chinese stuff

When we returned, Rachel and I decided to join the frisbee game that was in session. I figured that I could do with some exercise... Playing frisbee in a large group is fun, because you get to throw the frisbee far, far away! Soon, players dropped out one by one, claiming to be tired, although I didn't find it very tiring to throw and catch a frisbee. Rachel dropped out soon too, and I was tempted to follow suit, because it felt a bit weird playing with people I didn't know at all. Then again, going back to sit on the mat to twiddle my thumbs didn't appeal to me, so I hung in there and played for a few hours. In the day it was really bright and sunny, so I think I actually got a little burnt. Anyhow, James, someone from my Japanese class, asked if I play frisbee often, because he was rather impressed. Amazingly, my throwing skills improved without practice, even though the last time I played I was horrible. Twas fun, really, and I learnt to catch with one hand instead of using the pancake catch method. I also met a probable eye candy. =p

I like how people in Japan are prepared for a picnic, with the food, drinks and games, and they make do with whatever they have, and have fun. It's not a sit-around-and-look-at-each-other-not-knowing-what-to-do affair. So I enjoyed myself loads, and it was great meeting so many new people, some of whom are Japanese. Rainbow Club members are rather friendly, so they're easy to chat with. Me, I don't like talking to those 'cool' people who only grunt a response. I like lots of friendly chatter, and laughter, and avid responses. It's hard trying to talk to a wall, I think.


pretty sky

Nothing much to say about dinner, except that I liked the place, it was so stone-y, it made me think of The Flintstones. Followed by drinks at a pub.


she said his eyes are small, so he did this


very flintstones, no?


silly boys


chiaki-san!

You know one of the most common generalisations/misconceptions about the Japanese people is that they have small eyes? From the above picture, you will realise that Chiaki-san has the biggest eyes among us three Asians. If I don't smile so wide, or if I don't smile at all, my eyes will be bigger. Yes.

One of the best things is that I've started to get accustomed to carrying on a conversation in Japanese. Maybe my vocabulary and grammar knowledge is rather limited, but hand gestures and broken Japanese work well enough that they know what I'm getting at, so I'm feeling rather accomplished!

As an aside, I like meeting lots of people, getting to know them better before I realise who's more suited to my personality, who I can get along with. I don't particularly want anyone sticking to me prematurely, and I'm a liiiiittle worried that it's happening.

Nonetheless, I had a most wonderful day, I can't wait to go to more parks when the leaves start turning yellow and orange! Momiji! That is my favourite part of autumn. :D

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 11:58 pm :)