When people ask me which body part is my favourite, I usually say it is the hands. It's just some kind of strange preference. I like hands that are neither too small nor too big, with long and slim fingers, and long nails. I don't mean long in the sense that girls keep their nails long to go for manicures, but more of the nail bed being longer and more rectangular vertically. It just occurred to me that hands are rather hard to hide too, since we use them for practically everything. Grimy and chipped nails are easily visible, and they say something about a person's hygiene and personal grooming. We don't exactly have a say over how long our fingers are, or how slim, but it's simply a preference, and lucky are those who have such ideal hands. Labels: musings
I like hands. And that handshake... It was lingering. Not the usual pump-the-other-party's-hand-firmly-and-let-go handshake, but the kind where the fingers will slide off each other's palms as we slowly let go. Do you...? Do I....?
Some hands are just more familiar than others.