About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> All hail my immune system! The fever and sorethroa...
> 38.1
> can you read me like the back of your palm?
> Sometimes it's like Rachel say, we jinx ourselves....
> Headache.Didn't want to make two trips, so I hefte...
> biting the hand that feeds me
> hide-at-home vs rara-outgoing
> Tired! I have an newfound increased respect for ba...
> It's a little annoying when what I did has been tr...
> I finally took out my table tennis bat to check on...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

bloody hell
Thursday, 7 June 2007

When something strikes my body and it hurts, my automatic reaction is to press a hand to where it hurts, in a futile attempt to stem the pain. And what I hate most is to see my hand come away with blood. So that's what happened at training today.

After the initial impact I had a feeling I would see blood, and this time it seemed more bloody than the previous time I got whacked on the nose. Maybe turning 21 is not a good year after all. In 2005 and 2006 I was perfectly fine in cheerleading save for the basket toss back tuck incident. This year alone (and we're not even halfway into the year) I got my first black eye and nose bleed of my life. After 21 years, I suddenly get two nosebleeds within a few months. Raar.

As I ran to the toilet (it is very unglam to have a bloody face), I somehow suddenly felt angry - "bloody hell, never lock!" But soon after the feeling just disappeared. After the bleeding stopped I felt grumpy. More than any other part of the face, I can't stand getting whacked on the nose. Firstly, it is more bony and vulnerable than, say, the cheeks. Secondly I worry that the hard hit (my nose VS a head. obvious which hurts more) will make my nose slanted, or something. Perhaps it's vanity that made me grumpy. But yes I'm worried. It doesn't particularly feel very right, and I still remember that when I first touched my nose it felt too... soft. I was a little scared that I broke it or something. So now I'm hoping that the reason it doesn't seem balanced is because the site of impact is a liiiitle swollen (or because I'm imagining things). Getting 'disfigured' for cheerleading is not really worth it, I think.

When I'm unhappy I think dark thoughts. Like maybe I should have let go of the flyer instead of trying to hold on and yank her back so she wouldn't fall forward. But I wasn't strong enough to resist the forward force, and I brilliantly fell together with her, on top of all the spotters who were mainly trying to catch the top flyer. Who cares about secondary flyers right? Then my mind switches back to the normal mode, and I know I wouldn't do that, simply because it is our duty to protect the flyer at all times. While more spots is good for the top flyer, it's bad for the mid-tier flyer, because there just isn't any space for us to break our own fall. I hope they learn a lesson though. When one flyer doesn't lock others get injured. I just happened to be the unfortunate one. Damn it's my second 221 accident.

Hmm enough of ranting. It's highly unfortunate to be having a flu at this time. I had to blow my nose just now, and what did I see? Bloody mucus! So you see, I walked a bloody path today.

Apart from that, I enjoyed training! :)

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 10:34 pm :)