All hail my immune system! The fever and sorethroat's gone! :D But hot on their heels came a cough. Raar. At least I had dinner today, quite an improvement, considering I skipped it the last four days. Still, weight loss seems impossible somehow. >_< Labels: musings
(But I did not purposely skip my meal with the intention of losing weight.)
- - -
On the way to RI yesterday for gym, we saw a pretty sunset. I've always loved watching the fading daylight transform the sky into a canvas that's filled with gradients and unusual splotches that are so... pretty. It occurred to me that sunsets look better from a distance. From far we see more of the sky, more of the clouds, more of the colours. I like it that the sunlight peeks out from behind numerous leaves, buildings. There's an artistic touch to it. Then the closer I walk towards the view, the less I see of the sky. The trees take centrestage, and although we're not in a rainforest with a thick canopy above us, the view is obscured. Actually I just realised that I'd probably never seen a sunset alone, ie just a huge expense of earth and sky, with nothing jutting out for miles around. Space is too limited in Singapore for such a sight. And it makes me want to stand on elevated ground and see a sunset. Just that.
Today I wondered whether it's better to keep a distance from some things. Getting too close causes the beauty to diminish somewhat.