On a totally different note, I had a good day at work today, because huilin came back!!! Lunch, needless to say, was fun, although it was really a pity rachel couldn't join us. The macdonald's seaweed shaker fries are good! Not a very smart choice considering I've a flu and cough, but who cares. ;p There's something about the energy of youngsters that makes life so much more interesting. Going back to the office was actually enjoyable, took photos, whispered a birthday song, took more photos... On hindsight I always wonder what's so funny, but at that point in time we were so easily tickled we just laughed and laughed and laughed. Laughter's good, though. :)
Before lunchtime rachel and I were free to chit chat a little, and I always enjoy our conversations. And she's a very approachable adult, I don't really have reservations about asking her questions. It does help that she's also very forthcoming with details and basically offering information. It's very interesting. So haojie married sujuan, and haojie has an extremely fascinating family background, I'd never heard of something like that before. It makes me open my eyes to the world, and I realise that not everyone leads a seemingly normal (or mundane) life like mine. Perhaps some would think his family's life is colourful, but I think it's colourful... in a bad way. It sounds just like something you'd hear about in stories, but not in real life!
I received another gift from rachel too, a pretty pair of wedges! It reminds me of the killer heels jermy wormy gave to me because of the design, but this one's lower. Pretty pretty, both of them! I should bring them to view the world more often.
Yay! Work this year has been wonderful, I love having a bunch of colleagues whom I'm close to and comfortable with. At least I don't dread going to work, because I know some fun always awaits. Part of me doesn't want eileen to come back and so-called spoil the status quo, because I never really got to know her (ok I just got to know huilin and gilly but it seems an altogether different matter somehow), yet I somehow feel she's not the kind of person I'd like to hang out with. It also doesn't make me feel over the moon to know that when she's back, I need to move back to the cubicle behind huilan, away from all the gossip and 'action' - I fall under closer scrutiny of the doctors and huilan, maybe. Ahhh but I need to handover too. It's bye bye me in 3 weeks! Remind me to collect my pay cheque tomorrow, I forgot to do so today, can you believe it? -.-''