And today, I am happy! After quite a long hiatus, finally, finally managed to Labels: cheerleading
try do try do? a basket toss back tuck. Okay, maybe I did smash into the bases, but kudos to them for being rather good catchers! Exciting, hopefully get to try more of that. :D Before the excitement was a truckload of apprehension. I still remember the feeling of riding the toss up to the top, then not having enough momentum to flip, and coming down head first. Or doing a complete revolution, only to slip through the guys' arms and hit the ground. I can't stand the pain. At least, not at that immediate point in time. Ah well. No bad experiences this time. :)
You know how we like the pleasant unexpected? So there I was jumping up, jumping back, whatever, trying to do some drills in preparation for the backtuck. After doing quite a few, I didn't think much, I just got into position, leapt as forcefully as I could, knowing thinking that I had a spotter. Imagine my surprise when I found myself landing on the floor with a loud 'thud'. That was an example of an unpleasant unexpected event. Sheer embarrassment, since the noise attracted a bit of attention. Not to mention the supposed spotter's surprise to turn around (after being distracted by floorball girls, maybe) and see me on the ground.
Suddenly I think of how I almost missed and fell off the stool in the office as I was lowering myself onto it. When will I stop being so clumsy? Raaar!