About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> not counting down, but counting blessings <3
> all good things come to an end
> 伯父さん、ごちそうさまでした!
> when you put poo and moo together
> A piece of advice from my friend:- - -im damn afra...
> make time stop... or just slow down
> homestay weekend \(^o^)/
> 何とかなるでしょう!
> warning: boring school rant
> pre-homestay orientation

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

paint my day with gay colours
Friday, 18 July 2008

I had such a fun-filled, packed day!

1) Japanese class

We watched L: Save The World as our last movie, and since it's such a recent and modern show, it was extremely fascinating and entertaining. After which, the whole class went for lunch. It was the best attendance I'd ever seen at a class outing! After all, during most out-of-class lessons to the museums and what not, attendance is usually rather dismal. It was rather nice to see the room packed with students, gaily eating and chatting. Although it was meant to be a farewell party, it didn't really feel like goodbye. The way some people left earlier, it was almost as though we would be meeting again come Monday. However, the fact is that we won't. In any case, the three of us gave the teachers the gifts we got them, and I was really happy to see that they were very pleased with the gifts! No matter what age, women are still women, and are perked up by receiving gifts as accessories. They were so cute. I like my teachers so much. And one of them will be stopping in Singapore for a transit flight in August, and asked for recommendations of places to go. Who knows, if possible I'd like to bring her around! :)

2) Dinner with language exchange partner

Today was also the last meeting with my language exchange partner. As she is really busy with preparations for her exchange, as well as preparations for her exams, we ended up meeting only in the evening for dinner. Today was by far the best meeting, because it just felt so natural and friendly, sitting close side by side at the restaurant grilling our meat, sharing our desserts... I was happy to hear her saying that she will definitely come to Singapore, that it's just a matter of time. When she makes her way there, she'll contact me! I can't wait to have her around so I can host her. Surprisingly, she got me a gift (when we were together at the shop, no less!) and I thought that was so sweet of her! I got a handkerchief with glass prints, as well as a handphone strap with a picture of the Japanese equivalent of ice kachang. Apparently she thinks it fits me, since "Kaori" is associated with food. =p Having her as a partner made me feel really glad that I signed up for language exchange, and that instead of being mere conversation partners, we became friends. I wonder if she got along so well with her previous partners, but that's besides the point. While a part of me dreaded the Mandarin-speaking sessions sometimes, all in all it was good fun, and very good practice for me to brush up my mother tongue. :)

3) My cousin contacted me!

Now that was the biggest surprise of the day. Half a year ago, my cousin got my mobile email and number, but he never got around to contacting me, and I totally gave up on that idea. While I was browsing through the JLPT books in the coop today, suddenly I felt my handphone vibrate (it's rare that I feel it when it's in my bag) and there was an unfamiliar number calling me. I picked up, it sounded like another male friend, until he identified himself. I was so surprised, but at the same time very pleased! So we chatted, I said that I want to go to their house to use the internet (to which he said I can go anytime), and I got him to mail his email address to me. So all's good! After dinner, I received another call from him, and it appears that he's going to come down to Tokyo to meet me tomorrow! Wow, it really makes me wonder what's up with him. Why the sudden friendliness? Not that I'm complaining, of course. He thinks it's not embarrassing to finally contact me after so long, and I think it's better late than never. I wonder what we're going to do tomorrow. =D

4) Supper

Not too long after my dinner, I met the friend who'll be going to Singapore for exchange for supper. It was meant to be a snack for me, and dinner for him, but I ended up eating more than him, because he got full pretty quickly! And he ordered so much, it was a waste to not finish the food. I stuffed my face with lots of food, but he likes girls who eat a lot, so it was all good. We'd met up quite a few times, but like with my exchange partner, today was by far the best catching up session. Conversation flowed readily, and this time I got to use much more English because he wanted to get used to listening to English - or more specifically, Singaporean English. After I told him the story of how I got so scared that I'll fall off the side of the mountain while skiing, he got really hooked on the way I said, "oh shit!" He made me repeat it, and at sporadic moments, he'd suddenly blurt out "oh shit!" and grin mischievously at me. Towards the end he even wanted me to repeat the ski story just so he could hear the way I said that! Well, I'm glad I'm entertaining. -.- It was good fun. The next time we meet each other, we'll probably both be in Singapore. I can't wait! I can practise my Japanese with him, while he can have company in the interim while he waits to start school and make new friends. Win-win situation!

Tomorrow we'll be having our graduation ceremony of sorts, an official indication that we have ended our year at Waseda University. Will that farewell feel more final? There will also be a Feel Japan farewell party tomorrow evening. So many goodbyes to be said, so many times. Instead of saying goodbye, it will be better to say "see you again". After all, when there's a will, there's a way... Right? I'm just really thankful for all the friendships I've formed here. I will work to ensure that they remain intact throughout the years and the distance.

Because we have people in our lives, our lives become that much more colourful.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 11:30 pm :)