I met my host family for the coming weekend's homestay! I've got myself a pretty and friendly host, how lucky! We have yet to decide what we will do, or see, but I think we will get along just fine, once we get past the initial slight awkwardness. There are a few more days to the weekend, which means extra time for me to practise my desu-masu form. It would be bad to slip up and start talking in the casual form to her parents... =x However, she spoke to me in casual form from the start, which made it soooo hard to keep to the polite form. My speech must've been really weird, not to say inconsistent, because I was slipping in and out of the desu-masu form. It can probably be attributed to my being un-used to using that form, but I feel really awkward whenever I use it. At the same time, I feel as though people can see right through me, seeing how unnaturally it comes out of my mouth. Do other people have a harder time expressing themselves in desu-masu? It suddenly feels that the scope of conversation topics shrinks drastically, but that's probably my own imagination.
Oh well! In any case I'm looking forward to the weekend! Also, I've gotta hope and pray really hard that by some miracle, my cammie doesn't act up and I'll be able to take many many pictures. Stop vibrating, cammie!!! >.<