About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> fridge fighting
> sort me out
> Good morning world.I am keeping strange hours agai...
> something old in sometime new
> when the nights get too quiet..
> killing time
> are you what you seem to be?
> rainy days are good for doom and gloom
> yippee!
> 讲华语?没问题!=p

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

you wouldn't understand even if you'd tried
Sunday, 11 May 2008

Drinking to drown one's sorrows.

That's why in movies we see the depressed people knocking back glass after glass of alcohol to numb the pain and to forget one's worries. Not being under my parents' watchful eyes has made me more prone to drinking, and it doesn't help that Picaso sells alcohol so cheaply. So many times I want to reach to the kahlua bottle on my shelf, but am only stopped because the absence of milk means I don't have a mixer.

I was out suppering with a friend just now. If it weren't for him feeling sleepy, I would have happily ordered another mug of beer; I was enjoying the lightheadedness. Had I been feeling more inebriated, I would've poured out more of what I was feeling or thinking. But I am careful with whom I entrust my secrets and innermost feelings to. No matter how much I've changed since this overseas experience, one thing remains constant - that I dislike to show weakness. Arrows would bounce off me, that's the image I like to portray. Tough.

I hate it when people pull disappearing acts on me, or turn out to be no-shows with no signs of being apologetic about it. I wish for explanations, but I'm too proud to ask, so I take it in my stride. Or I try to, anyway. These incidents simply enforce the sad fact that humans are unreliable. Much as I want promises that we'll be friends for a long time, promises are merely empty words if there's no heart behind them. So I really don't expect anything more from people nowadays, because I think I'm bound to be disappointed.

Surprise me.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:02 am :)