love spring for the sakura!
Tuesday, 1 April 2008
Undeterred by the howling wind, Yoon Jeong and I set off for 新宿御苑, especially since a flower forecast that I'd read indicated that the sakura there are starting to fall off! With such strong winds, they'll probably fall off even faster. So off we went! What was supposed to be a ten-minute walk from Shinjuku Station took more like half an hour, or even more. Why? Because we kind of got lost. -.- It was a relief to finally reach the darn park, plonk our asses down and eat our bento. Guess what? While the wind stopped when we were wandering around in search of the park, as soon as we sat down to eat it started up again, stronger than ever. I am a grass magnet. Every time there was a gust of wind, I was covered in grass! Many small grass pieces got into my bento, but because they were rather hard to pick out, I gave up and ate grass. It does seem like I'm really turning into a moomoo, no? >.<
what we could see from our picnic spot. blue skies!I've got to say that 新宿御苑 is really impressive, because of its sheer size, and the number of sakura trees! In addition, the trees there were HUGE. I liked the sprawling garden look, dotted with white flowers. Soooo pretty. It was very fun walking around seeing the different sakura species, being an aspiring photographer, and being a nuisance to the people with big and professional-looking cameras by running into their shots. =p
the landscape that was peppered with white
not so common - pink sakura! i like! :D
told you, the trees are huge
sakura here, there, everywhere!
i like this one :)
personal favourite: the weeping willow-lookalike with pink blossoms
okay, so maybe it looks a bit sparse here...
but still romantic, no?
to see more clearly what individual blossoms look like
another pink weeping willow favourite! :D
a wall of sakura, said she
write me into a chinese poem! ;p
these blossoms look so puffy!
kaori takes nice pictures... sometimes ;p
i needn't introduce ourselves, i'm sure
me likes this too!
the sparse flowers are kinda cute too
hello! hur hur
love this picture for our evident joy :)
blue skies, green grass. good for stupid poses...
... normal shots...
... and downright silliness =p
i like the wispy branches too! they're so... gentle.
from an observation deck of sorts
flower snow! see the happiness ;p
my new hair ornament, hurhur
building + flowers in gradient
pink-hued sakura
the white-rimmed green carpet
"we want many sakuras in the picture!"
and our verdict: GOOD!I'll be going for one last お花見, after which I should probably have had my fill of flowers. You know, I think photo-taking is really fun, and every time I wield my camera it's a challenge to try to get an awesome shot that I really like. Thing is, out of maybe 80 photos, I'll be lucky if I get even 5 really good ones. Trial and error, or pure luck? In any case, after returning from 新宿御苑 and checking my mail, I saw that Waseda's organising a three-hour photography workshop. Since I'm so free, and interested in photography, why not? I hope it'll be helpful, or at the very least, fun! I have the responsibility to show my family and friends Japan through my eyes, so the least I can do is to take good pictures. =p
I am a very happy girl today! :)
Labels: Japan, pics
- supergirl soul-saved @ 10:06 pm :)