Up till now, when I've had people in my room past 11pm, we've been very careful to speak in hushed voices so as to avoid detection. I've always had the impression it'll be really scary to get caught by the security guard doing his rounds, and that he'll record down our names and room numbers and we'll get a black mark. Today, we threw caution to the wind (accidentally) and talked in normal volumes. At 11.30pm there was a knock on my door. We looked at each other - who could it be? With some trepidation I slowly opened the door, and there was the guard looking at me. But it wasn't a fierce "I am going to have you for supper!" kind of expression. It was more like he wanted to warn us to keep our voices down; I almost had the impression that he didn't mind us not being in our respective rooms. In any case we separated, with the guard continuing to stand at the door until she left my room. The funniest thing was that as I waved bye bye to her, and looked at the guard, he suddenly did the same thing and waved bye bye to me too! I guess we both didn't know how to part, so he just imitated what yj did. Haha. That roly-poly guard is cute! Labels: Japan