About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> another reason to be happy
> 先生ではない
> I am procrastinating and I know it. But right afte...
> *twiddles thumbs*
> heaven's blessings
> 街角的幸福
> 失眠
> *knock knock* oh, it's hollow
> Horror! My flexibility has gone downhill! I'd bett...
> snow's coming to me!!!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

happiness: then, now, always
Sunday, 27 January 2008

It makes me feel sad when someone says "I was once happy."

Some people plan for the future, taking up savings plans, investments, gunning for that dream job that will provide financial security for the family. Others are firmly stuck in the past, mourning that lost love or some such experience, looking forward and seeing not the path that lies ahead, but the road once taken. No new beginnings, only endings. Practicality stops me from living in the past, though being human, I sometimes look back and think about the maybes and could have beens. At the same time, I'm either not practical enough, or I'm ignorant enough, that I don't have concrete plans for the future. Furthermore, I've yet to make up my mind on whether or not I should assume that there will be a tomorrow. Having said that, I make a conscious effort to live in the present. Whenever I pray, it's always for happiness. Whenever something gets messed up, I tell myself life's too short to be unhappy for long. Of late, "finding my way" has been a consideration too.

Having been given life, we have a commitment to making it work. Not just inhaling and exhaling, which comes naturally without conscious thought, but consciously picking oneself up all the time, doing our best to make living the best experience it can be. People who whine incessantly and indulge in excessive bouts of self-pity deserve a swift kick in the ass. Get a move on! If life is transient, youth is even more fleeting.

"A smile fell in the grass/ Irretrievable!" (The Night Dances, Sylvia Plath)

Why waste time seeking to retrieve the irretrievable? Happiness isn't a limited edition good, it isn't a one-off experience either. If you were happy once, you can be happy twice, thrice, many more times! We can be happy practically all the time, although not every happy moment is of such exhilaration and exuberance that it becomes a highlight of our life. But that's infinitely better than wallowing in sorrow and darkness and relegating happiness into a drawer marked "the past".

Life's really about what you make of it. :)

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 4:24 pm :)