I am procrastinating and I know it. But right after sitting for a paper, coming back for dinner, then studying for four hours, I'm sick of studying. (Yes, within such a short time, I know.) The call from my mom was such a welcome diversion. I think she was in a good mood, because when I picked up the receiver, what I heard was "moooshi mosh!" instead the usual more sedate-sounding "moshi moshi?" My mom has a way of making me feel better about things. (Although there are times she makes me feel sooo bad.) Unlike some people's moms, she doesn't kick up a fuss when I get fatter; She just says it's cold so I probably tend to feel hungry more often, and I should eat more to keep myself warm from the inside. Soon enough, thanks to my parents and good luck, I'll be getting new year goodies to stuff my face with! Despite the weight gain, my mom just told me to spend my weekend enjoying my food. :)
Then on the topic of travelling, she has never told me to cut down on my travels and to buckle down and bury my head in my books. Neither does she grumble about the amount I spend running around Japan whenever the opportunity presents itself. SEP costs a bomb, but my parents aren't nit-picking about the costs. My mom also knows of my intention to go to UK for a little trip upon my graduation next year if my finances are healthy. Actually I've never lacked money; I just never want to spend it. But she thinks even if I have to dig into my savings (ie not have any money left from the Waseda scholarship at the end of my SEP) to go on the trip, I should because being a student is the best period to travel, even if we're more poor. Bear with the lack of money, travel, then come back and work to make up for it. That's her opinion. After all, when we have the money when we start work, we don't have the time. Everyone knows that. It's like how everyone knows SEP is really a time to play, we just don't say that to our parents. Even so, my mom knows it, and agrees that it'll be a pity if I don't take the opportunity to explore since I'm in Japan. Much as it's a pity to give up cheerleading when I'm in the land of cheerleading experts, I won't be able to commit (given that I spend my holidays gallivanting around Japan). I love it when my mom and I are on the same frequency.
So after more than an hour of chatting, it was time to put down the phone and get back to my books. But I'm seriously sick of looking at stuff that I'd mostly learnt before, forgotten, was supposed to learn in my lectures here at SILS, but were nowhere in sight. Darn that lecturer! *mutters*