About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Life has just become more interesting.=D
> 我不介意你的傻
> sugary sweet =p
> お台場
> it's as sudden as it gets
> random
> Some days, I can be sitting in a lecture feeling v...
> 始めまして... よろしくお願いします
> brother says the darndest things
> 楽しいな一日

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

finding happiness
Monday, 15 October 2007

"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keep out the joy."

I've just come back from lunch with some of my friends. A couple of them left early to attend their class at 1pm, and only Rachel and I were left chit chatting. It was one of those hug-my-joy-tightly-to-my-chest moment. As we were girl-talking, gossiping and all that, I could hardly believe that one month into my stay in Japan, I've found someone whom I like as much as her, and who seems to like me as much too. It's so wow. Before coming to Japan, I'd worried that I wouldn't make friends, and that I'll spend most of my free time stoning in my room. Yet almost from the word 'go', I've met people whom I like, and it's simply incredible! I'd imagined, hoped, that it would be this way, but everything's coming together like a dream, faster and better than I expected. Awesome!

Lowering the walls so that two people can peek at each other, like two people viewing different sides of the menu peering over the top, has great rewards. Sometimes the "I've got nothing to lose" mentality makes us take risks that we otherwise wouldn't. Rachel and I were talking about her relationship, and I agree that perhaps we gain more than we lose. We only think otherwise when we're grumpy and want to pick a fight. I wonder why people don't really think that of friendships, but reserve such grumpiness for relationships.

Maybe I should throw (some) caution to the wind and bare more and... I don't know, hope for the best!

... I'd just reread the first paragraph, and it reminds me of how I felt, sitting in the cafe chatting with a friend, looking out onto the sidewalk and seeing people stream past... It's almost like what am I doing here in a cafe in Japan with a Korean friend?! So surreal, so very surreal.

Gawd. Life's so good I can hardly believe it. Some friends think that I'm happy most of the time. I'd like to believe that's true. Make me happier. Promesa. ;p

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 12:47 pm :)