About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> FOC pampering session
> ooh, you gotta see this!
> food, friends and fun
> when a mountain of clothes is NOT good
> i created a table!
> html help!
> how's this for a life?
> you couldn't steal what i don't want stolen
> anyone can cook
> the same big sky

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

*wriggles foot*
Sunday, 9 September 2007

Recently there's been more girls' days out, and each outing has been enjoyable. This friend, you could say we go back some way, but we only meet up about once or twice a year. Every time I think of her, I think of someone who looks serious and stoic, but says the funniest things. So we arranged for another meet up, in case she leaves for China before I return from Japan (in which case, we would not be able to meet for about 3 years!).

It seems that every time I see her, she sports a different hairstyle. We were standing at different pillars for probably a few minutes before it occurred to me that the lone girl who had her nose buried in her notes was foon yin. And it was. Imagine if we'd stood at our separate pillars for ages and ages before realising we were mere steps away from each other!

There are times when I wonder if my friends have changed after a period of absence, and I'll worry a little about what to talk about, and whether things would be awkward. Thankfully, some things never change. At least, not the ease we feel with each other, although she seems to eat slower than I remembered. =p

She made something for me!



Hmm we were having this conversation:

me: you're -insert weight- kg meh?
*slants me a look*
her: Somehow the way you say it makes me think that you think I'm more than __ kg!
her: It's like you're thinking, "you're ___ kg meh? I thought you're 50kg!"

Of course, I meant nothing of that sort, so I have no idea how she could've interpreted my look and my tone in that way. -.-'' So I had to quickly defend myself and clarify what I meant before she shot me another killer look. When good friends are together, they seem to become extremely giggly, and find the most unfunny things funny. And that was how it was, we actually had a good time joking about that. Maybe it's the ability to be really silly with good friends that make them good friends. And the knowledge that her killer looks don't actually kill, so nah, they don't work with me!

Since we seldom meet up, each time we do, taking photos is a must:


She always protests when I take a picture of her, so it has become my goal to make her love the camera!

Remember to believe in yourself always (like we used to)

Like we used to... To believe in each other, to tell each other we could do it when we were trailing, to pat each other on the back as a form of encouragement, to remind each other to keep calm and not smash hastily, to be the best partner each could be to the other. And when the match was over, we could look at each other and feel proud that we gave it our all, and laugh at each other's nerves that manifested in the form of trembling arms and jelly legs. Has it been so many years since we took to the table tennis table together? I miss training together, being drilled on our smashes and la1 qiu2, for we preferred to be on the offensive than the defensive. I think even the best pairings cock up sometimes, like trip over each other's feet, and the one who tripped will go flying in one direction, inadvertently stepping on, and flattening, a ball that was underfoot with a "squeak!". We always felt guilty looking at a squashed ball, but I suppose sacrifices are necessary. ;p

I really treasure this bond that we've forged through sweat and tears. Maybe one day we can go back to the table and pair up again, and beat the rest flat. For old times' sake. :p

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 11:36 pm :)