About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> you couldn't steal what i don't want stolen
> anyone can cook
> the same big sky
> it's a lifestyle
> we could have been
> luxury pink
> lulu, skip to the loo!
> Grr. I've got 5 modules approved, 2 to be done whe...
> The lunch affair wasn't too bad after all. I was r...
> I was thinking of msg-ing you after I'd completed ...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

how's this for a life?
Wednesday, 5 September 2007

My mom called my grandmother to let her know when we will be arriving and what not, and apparently my grandmother is rather miffed that I will only be staying at her place for a night before moving into my dorm. Somehow she keeps forgetting that it is not a leisure trip, and is rather displeased with the duration of my parents' stay, and their inability to commit themselves to any definite plans to go shopping/sight-seeing/visiting, or any other things that we usually do when we go there for a holiday. I'd thought that I'll only be with my parents for a day or two, as they help me buy/settle necessities, and the rest of the time they'll be off to buy their own stuff before returning to Singapore. Apparently that isn't the case. Seeing as how my dorm doesn't provide any meals, my mom is intending to wait for me to finish my orientation activities etc each day, then bringing me out to explore the surrounding area so that I'll know where to get food and whatever else I need nearby. When I heard that unexpected announcement, I was rather touched, though me, being myself, wouldn't show it. One thing about having parents around is that they think of everything.

Even so, having the $41 that I'd paid for my visa returned to me didn't make me feel happy. It made it all too clear that what we have is a bargain, and when one of the terms is reversed, all the other terms are reverted as well. And it makes me feel that I should adhere strictly to the terms, although for the life of me I don't know what exactly they are. Ambiguity is a pain in the ass sometimes, but to ask for clarity... It takes away the leeway that ambiguity allows.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 7:03 pm :)