About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> food, friends and fun
> when a mountain of clothes is NOT good
> i created a table!
> html help!
> how's this for a life?
> you couldn't steal what i don't want stolen
> anyone can cook
> the same big sky
> it's a lifestyle
> we could have been

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

ooh, you gotta see this!
Saturday, 8 September 2007

A startled shout roused me from my dreamland state, and the ah peh who'd issued the shout was practically plastered to the window as he peered at something outside. I glanced out, and I saw the torso of a middle-to-old-aged lady, and figured out that she'd taken a tumble by the curbside. A middle-to-old-aged man huried up, and together with the help of another old lady, was trying to haul her to her feet. It would've been interesting to watch, since I rarely witness good samaritans at work with my own eyes, but if I were the fallen lady, I wouldn't want people watching me, goggle-eyed. So I took my eyes away from the window, and I was disgusted by the way the people on the bus gaped at the scene. Those seated on the other side of the aisle actually got off their seats, leaned over others and watched with their mouths agape and eyes almost ready to pop out like the lady was a specimen at the zoo displaying amazing tricks.

I wondered if it was really such a big deal, that all those kpo-mongers had to go to such lengths to watch. Then again, it probably doesn't take much to pull a kpo-monger from whatever he/she was doing to be in on the action, or in this case, non-action. The merest whiff of some news would suffice. I was especially appalled by the youngsters who crowded around. Somehow it made me feel like yelling, "If you're not going to help, why look?!" (Yes, I understand that it's rather hard to help when we were on the bus, and she wasn't.) It's like adding insult to injury! Sheesh. If Singaporeans are kiasu to the extent that they can't stand to be left out of watching some poor woman sprawled by the curb, we are in an abysmal state. Thinking of the gracious society direction that the government wants us to take, well, we're still a ways from that. Perhaps it should be stated that it is rude to ogle.

From what I'd glimpsed of the incident, I also thought that it must be terrible being so obese that when you're knocked flat on your ass, you can't stand up on your own, but need to be hauled to your feet by two kind strangers ( I assume they're strangers). It was actually funny watching the old man's grimace as he held on to the woman's arms and propped her up from behind, valiently supporting the bulk of her considerable weight as the woman in question levered herself to her feet by leaning on him and clinging to the arms of the old lady in front of her. I figured the old man hadn't gotten such a workout in a while.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 9:25 pm :)