I've just finished packing, but the fact that I'll be flying to Japan tonight still doesn't seem real. I look around at my relatively neat room (I'd cleared my table, as per mom's orders), and I still think that it's something I'll see when I wake up tomorrow. Sure makes me worry that I'll panic when I find myself on the plane, or in Japan. Maybe it'll feel real enough when I heft my suitcase and head out the door tonight. Before that, I hope that I can actually close my suitcase! Or that in the process of jumping on it to force it shut, I wouldn't break anything like my alarm clock, or my mug, or the miscellaneous knick knacks I'd squeezed inside. Labels: misc
Thank you to the kind souls who are my friends who provided me with items to insulate me against the cold - 2 scarves, 1 hat, 1 sweater and a pair of gloves! Yall have contributed to my bulging suitcase. ;p Thinking back to yesterday, I guess I've to say the day wasn't altogether bad. And I really, really appreciated my team mates hanging around wanting to give me the opportunity to fly a last time, despite the fact that I didn't bring shoes. I thought it was really sweet.
Okay, off to revise my Japanese 4. The next time I blog, I'll be in Japan! But I don't know how long it'll take for me to get the internet connection up and running, so in the meantime, take care everyone, miss me! :)