About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> *wriggles foot*
> FOC pampering session
> ooh, you gotta see this!
> food, friends and fun
> when a mountain of clothes is NOT good
> i created a table!
> html help!
> how's this for a life?
> you couldn't steal what i don't want stolen
> anyone can cook

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

happy coincidence
Wednesday, 12 September 2007

On Monday, I went for a haircut. I'd only intended to trim, and nothing else, but I ended up leaving quite a few cm of my hair on the floor, and my virgin black hair behind. If you look very, very carefully, you'll be able to see red highlights:

I just read that red highlights fade very fast, because the molecule or whatever is very big, so it comes off very quickly. Boo. :( At least it's pretty while it lasts!

On Tuesday, I went to Chinese Garden for the first time ever to view the Mid-Autumn Festival decorations. I'd always thought I'd see a bunch of lanterns hanging on the trees surrounding the pagoda and the lake, and that'll be about it. Scenic and pleasant, but nothing more. So it was quite a surprise to go to the entrance (hell, I think I wasn't even expecting a proper entrance!) and catch a glimpse of huge colourful structures, and an even greater surprise that there's an entrance fee! I'd thought it was a park that anyone could wander into, not an attraction that required quite a hefty fee of 12 buckeroos.

Some structures were a little perplexing. For example, the penguins. Apparently they have nothing to do with mid-autumn festival?? But you gotta admit they look cute. And the many sea creatures I saw, like clams, seahorses... They're pretty, but I've no idea how they fit into Chinese lore or anything like that. Then again, I'm not very knowledgeable about Chinese customs, traditions, stories, and stuff like that. I rarely hear about them in my family. =\

I think I've done my exercise for the day by climbing the stairs up that darn 6 or 7 storey pagoda. It probably wasn't very "traditional" of me to think "why can't they have an elevator?!" while I was huffing and puffing - not to mention perspiring - up the steps (imagine a traditional and dignified pagoda... with a lift. urgh), but I couldn't help it. No matter the means of getting to the top, being at the top felt great. There's something about standing high above everyone and everything else that's rather liberating. Maybe the air seems fresher, or the view prettier, or the mood more conducive for thinking.

Adding to my repertoire of places gone. Thank you for that, and the gift of photos.

Labels: ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:12 am :)