About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> I thought I'd managed to get out of the lunch-with...
> you be bored?
> i wish i were angry, but i'm not
> i wish im rollin' in the dough
> yours, mine, ours
> i'm the queen of guessing.
> 123 train! *clap*
> it's hard not to be karung guni-like
> a smile dropped in the grass
> the powers that be

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

high tea at 103
Thursday, 30 August 2007

The characters in the book I'm reading are about to drink tea, when I'm suddenly reminded of what I saw on my way home from running some errands the other day. There was an old man sitting at the stone bench at the void deck, alone. And he had a tray on the table, filled with -insert word- (I forgot the material, I know it's not porcelain) cups and a teapot. The scene struck me as being extremely sad. He was probably early, and waiting for his kakis to come down and join him for their tea session, but it was still sad, seeing an old man seated there alone waiting for company. I glanced at his face, and saw anticipation.

Strange how the tea session has been changed to the day. Previously it would be after dinner, and the void deck would be crowded with a number of old men, the table strewn with their teacups, snacks and what have you, the area overflowing with the boisterous chatterings of the hainanese gang, the feeling of camaraderie. It's the juxtaposition, remembering that, and seeing the lone old man, that brings forth the sadness. It doesn't help that one of the gang passed away earlier this year, and the gatherings have gotten smaller and quieter over the years.

Somehow it makes me not want to grow old.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 2:32 am :)