About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> it's hard not to be karung guni-like
> a smile dropped in the grass
> the powers that be
> paracetemol, that how you spell it?
> cry more, cry more.
> how to save a life
> All of us are tired of this situation. Yet it does...
> *twiddles thumbs*
> mantra: the world is a happy place
> 12 - 15 aug: hong kong!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

123 train! *clap*
Saturday, 25 August 2007

It felt good joining the ranks of Kristy and other so-called retired seniors when I returned for training today, because i) I wasn't under any obligations to join PT, except to prove to myself that I'm still in shape, and that I'm in better shape than some of them muahah and ii) I could boss people around and just do mouth exercise!

There was an overwhelming number of girls, and a grand total of.... two guys. At this rate, we're going to convert the girls to bases, and I think it's not an impossible feat, just a slightly difficult one, since there are girls who'll claim they don't want to be guys. Which simply proves the point that it is assumed, wrongly so, that girls should must be flyers, and basing is something not up their alley. Bull! Anyhow, I think this batch looks promising. :)

Gosh, it feels great being involved in cheerleading again. It makes me want to go back for more! Hmm I've got to say that going back to help out isn't tiring in the least, since like I said, it's more of mouth exercise with a little bit of demonstration and spotting. I daresay I only started sweating perspiring when biyi and van were out there debriefing the newbies, and I got tossed around by the guys. Either spartan became stronger, or I became lighter! That little workout made me appreciate training and the accompanying PT - we seldom realise how fit we were until we've lost that fitness (or some of it, anyway). The numerous down ups made my quads turn a little jelly, which was somewhat horrifying, really. A consolation is that my ab muscles have remained. Sadly, so have the fats. Raaar. But I'm better than spartan; I can keep my legs straight! :D

Cheerleading has also made me a little more... of the gym. Appreciative isn't the word, though I don't know what is. Maybe it's made me a little less wary of stepping into that commonly- male domain, and it's good to have a healthy respect for all the equipment and the energy people pour into using said equipment. Although what jsheng could lift effortlessly was far from effortless for me, I'm feeling quite pleased with myself for lifting that 15kg barbell, 8 reps! I don't think I got a whole lot of help (okay, except maybe the last one? or two? but none for the first few!), but hey! I did good! Right? It's rather tempting to get weights to train at home a bit for the sake of toning my muscles, but it's quite a waste of money and not a sound investment at this point in time. Maybe when I return. Hmm.

I also enjoyed today's training because it felt like a get together session. People whom I haven't seen at training in ages turned up - namely siying and sk. Jsheng turns up sporadically, so it's different. But it's special because we were from the first cheerobics batch, and we were there training at training, as opposed to just dropping by to look-see! Apparently I'm stronger than sk expected, who commented that "You're actually quite strong ar? For someone who doesn't look like she has much muscles. No, like she has any muscles", or something along that line, while eyeing my arms. It's a backhanded compliment, but you know, knowing that someone actually notices your progress makes you feel... good. Such offhand comments are like little snippets of information, and I think we're the better for it.

Yes, and you can tell that attending one training after 3 weeks of absence is making me wax lyrical.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 5:09 pm :)