About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> the powers that be
> paracetemol, that how you spell it?
> cry more, cry more.
> how to save a life
> All of us are tired of this situation. Yet it does...
> *twiddles thumbs*
> mantra: the world is a happy place
> 12 - 15 aug: hong kong!
> honey, i'm home!
> hong kong hong kong!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

a smile dropped in the grass
Thursday, 23 August 2007

I just saw this on a friend's nick:

Hearts will never be practical unless they are made unbreakable.

My practical streak either comes from my mind, or...

I was just thinking that I kind of miss literature. Much as memorising quotes for exams was tedious, it seemed there there was always some suitable quote I could pull out of my mind to quote in an entry. Writers, poets... They seem to know how to phrase what people from all walks of life feel best. Laymen like us, we can be struggling to put our thoughts/feelings to words, when we'll come across some lines and go, "That's exactly it! It perfectly captures what I've been thinking/feeling!" The ability to empathise, to summarise in a nutshell in a few words what seems so simple yet impossible to describe... It's a gift. I wish I have that gift. Words, mere words, can be comforting. Of course, it has to be the right words. Flowery, over-the-top melodramatism is quite a turn off. Simple honesty put across with simple words strike the deepest chords. I like such things simple. All that screaming and attention-seeking (in poor English, especially) simply reminds me of ill-mannered, loud-mouthed, uncouth kids. I wonder why people like to broadcast unpleasant matters. Pain is a delicate issue that should be trod upon very carefully, and only the best manage to write about it in a way that doesn't offend, that does justice to their feelings. The rest, well, we should just follow the lead of such people. I should re-acquaint myself with Plath, and Donne, and Shakespeare...

"Et tu, Brute? Then fall, Caesar!"

Rather strange that that was the first line that popped to mind when I thought of Shakespeare.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 5:33 pm :)