About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> give me food!
> a human can wilt like a flower
> "If it's any consolation, I can feel a hard core."...
> When I think of squash, I think of the A levels pe...
> happy post goes here
> can we work together?
> Some days, I wish more people own blogs or such eq...
> I've a backlog of photos! Since I'm bored I'll pos...
> "you all look weightless!"
> - damn giddy- performance went well enough- mini a...

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

sadly, we're growing up
Wednesday, 11 July 2007

Today some of us attended Alvin's convocation.



Then some of us went for dinner with Tor Yuan. It has been absolutely ages since we met up, I actually miss his crazy enthusiasm and nonsense. He was quite a cheerleader, I thought. Dinner at Ichiban Boshi was a fun affair, and with ty, lihao, alvin and I around, how could we not take pictures?



Us from the old squad meeting up again, well, it reminded me of the times when we were quite chummy, and they'd buzz me up to go to Munchie Monkey to chill or something. Those were good times.

We're the same people who met one another in 2005, yet it feels as though we're different people too. Lihao commented, "It's quite rare that you get to go out with the three of us so smartly dressed." And it's true, the guys are generally the tshirt, shorts and flip flops kind. To have us all as dressed up as we were today, it made me feel a little queer. A little old, maybe. Then I thought of the occasion - a convocation. It's concrete proof that we're no longer the 19-, 22- or 23-year-olds we were back then.

Every meet up with old friends is an occasion for reminiscing. We talked about the cheerleaders then and now, compared them using CAPs, modes and means. Even the issue of weight makes me all too aware of time's passage. In the old squad, I was the considered quite light. In the present squad, I'm considered quite heavy. It's just a two kg difference between the years, but it still makes a difference nonetheless.

Then ty and I talked bout the semester when him, kat, sir liang, su and I took the JS module together. All the times we spent in his room, discussing about our project a little, taking photos and crapping a lot, then packing up and going for trainings late together... It was a whole lot of fun. Like I told him, it was probably the best university semester for me. When I look back, I really miss the camaraderie and the abandon with which we had fun. Maybe it's not a good idea to look back, because I can't bring to life what has passed. And it's not good to want the past in the present.

But some things, like the attention-seekers in us, never change.


like a scene out of a drama


us four



i'm the gang leader, they're the body guards



we decided to smile


ty's artistic shot


where's tory?

I just realised something - tory, dory, vinny and kaori. The ending sounds are all the same. :)

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 1:15 am :)