HAPPY! Labels: yay
So things for SEP have been going well enough. Have been checking out flight fares to Japan, sent confirmation of accommodation and what not, received reply from the SEP coordinator in Waseda about modules available for the Fall semester... Better yet, although I didn't get the JASSO scholarship, they're awarding me the Waseda University Exchange Student Scholarship! I never knew NUS had such an arrangement with Waseda, that the latter has to provide 1 exchange student with this deal. I must thank my lucky stars that Lynette's results weren't brilliant or it would have gone to her, hahaha. A cool 80,000 yen per month for the 11 months I'll be there, together with a travel and and settling in subsidy of 150,000 yen! When I think about it, that's at least S$11,000 in total that I'll get. It is quite a large sum of money, which makes me think, damn, SEP is expensive! But I'm bouncing-up-and-down-with-a-face-splitting-grin happy. And I think I'm getting the NASA grant too, which will be a maximum of $3500. Any amount's better than nothing.
All these, coupled with sourcing out stuff for Hong Kong, makes it a GOOD DAY! :D