About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Sometimes it's like Rachel say, we jinx ourselves....
> Headache.Didn't want to make two trips, so I hefte...
> biting the hand that feeds me
> hide-at-home vs rara-outgoing
> Tired! I have an newfound increased respect for ba...
> It's a little annoying when what I did has been tr...
> I finally took out my table tennis bat to check on...
> that's not the way it should be
> Quite free, quite bored, quite tired, quite sleepy...
> OVER THE MOON!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

can you read me like the back of your palm?
Tuesday, 5 June 2007

Part of me is of the opinion that kids should be seen and should not be heard. I can't stand screaming, bawling children, neither do I like the brash ones who push to the forefront asking questions in an insolent manner. (Yes, I'd like to believe I was neither a screaming, bawling nor brash/insolent child.) Just now this little girl asked very loudly, when I was a mere metre away, "who is that girl?" There's something about her I don't like. The question struck me as being rather rude. Considering that I am more than ten years her senior, I doubt it is very appropriate for her to call me a girl.

Some people believe that a person's character can be revealed in the lines of his/her face. To a certain extent I buy that belief. The words elude me, but I simply get the feeling, by lookin at some people's face, that they're thick-skinned, shameless (for lack of a less harsh word. in Japanese it's probably zuzushi)... Basically people I'm not interested in getting to know better.

On the topic of reading people, I have to admit I'm no expert. Perhaps too much simplicity causes one to be easily duped, and one is only able to decipher what's only surface deep. Adults who have more experience at adulthood have a keener sense of judgement (not that we should judge people, really, but we inadvertently do that), they see more into others' behaviour. Of course there are some who're too extreme and are paranoid, but when we talk about people, I'm often amazed by how an older adult views another. It didn't really occur to me that behind that smiley facade may be someone unfathomable, and it is this exact quality that makes the person scary. It is frightening when you have no idea what's going on in that person's mind. My illusion of a cheerful and magnanimous him has been smashed. Instead, now I see a darker him, a him who replies to a third party with a rather shocking email. And I wonder... Why?

I can only blame myself for my own naivete.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 5:24 pm :)