About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> mmm
> Feels good to be -slightly- busy, at least there's...
> when work rules
> I don't think I ever want to wake up at 7.30am the...
> TGIF!
> =D
> *bell ring*
> if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!
> Love In The First Degree by Bananarama is playing ...
> G chalet!

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

an apple a day keeps the doctor away
Friday, 11 May 2007

This feels like such a nice and lazy day, I'm more in the sleeping rather than the working mood.

- - -

Sometimes two different parties remain aloof even though they don't have trouble communicating with others. Perhaps that's because the 'others' are supposedly of the same standard as them. I find doctors a little high and mighty occasionally. Most of the people here are friendly, at least smiling or saying a 'hi' when they bump into us. Then there are others who simply look right through us, or make eye contact with nary a smile, basically talking to us only when they need us to do something for them. Talk about making use of people.

The chasm can partly be attributed to some reticence on my part as well. I don't like to fake familiarity with people I hardly know, and whom I feel slightly in awe of. It feels like there's a social hierarchy, and obviously I'm on the lower rung of the ladder, ie I'm relatively socially inferior. It is plain weird to be mixing around with doctors and being on chummy terms. Huilin can do it, but... Maybe it's because she's been here longer. Or that she's a potential medical student. Me? I'm an econs student, and happy to be one. :) It's just that temp staff here are usually wannabe doctors, so... A little out of place. But don't care!

While doctors are skilled in their own fields, and their minds are probably filled with information about -insert medical terms of which I can remember none at the moment- which are mind-boggling to the layman, it is rather incongruous that they don't know the simple stuff like checking the fax log to see whether their fax has gotten across, or how to return the remote to the Ops department. There are times when I can't help but think that's so simple, can't they do it themselves? After all they're at the meeting room, then they come down with the attendance folder and laptop, leaving the remote there because they don't know what to do with it. Then one of us will have to make the trip upstairs to clean up after them, and come back down again. Unnecessary hassle, if you ask me. Then again, some may say that's what we're paid to do.

Oh well.

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 9:09 am :)