About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> Love In The First Degree by Bananarama is playing ...
> G chalet!
> i want food!
> will you save me?
> old is gold!
> the men don't get it
> conversation
> blast from the past!
> no brain arh!
> directionless idiot

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!
Tuesday, 1 May 2007

I was just chewing my pudding, and thinking of which parent made more impact in my life, in helping to mould who I am today. I was thinking that it's my mom, because it's she who sits down and talks to me while I eat, and tries to teach me more about life as is applicable to me at that point in time. Surely the parent who spends more time with you, who communicates more with you, will be the one who leaves a deeper impression? My dad, my childhood memories were of him yelling at me about maths, caning me... I almost thought that he doesn't really try to reach out to us, and teach us about life's important lessons. Then I suddenly remembered the time in JC when I got hell from his mom, and I just cried and cried and cried. My dad was surprisingly kind about the whole thing, talked to me about it, and one night he sent me an sms saying something like they are my parents, they will always love and protect me. Maybe he's just not openly affectionate to us, but that episode made me realise he really does care about my feelings. I suppose all parents do, and no matter what, stand on their children's sides when an outside party hurts their feelings. I remember that my dad was worried a relationship would leave me with emotional scars, but well, everything worked out just fine, I'm fine. When my non-demonstrative dad shows his support like that out of the blue, it's so much more touching. And I guess in his own way, he does try to teach me. Like he said, I will always be his little girl. :)

I'm digressing from the original topic of parents, but I realised recently that my brother's been real good too. Maybe he doesn't play the role of big brother very well in that he doesn't take care of me and protect me from bullies (he was the one who bullied me when we were young!), but he's generous. Earlier on he said he was going to AMK hub, and asked if I wanted anything. I announced, "durian cake!", remembering how yummy it was when he last bought it. He made a face, mock-complained to my mom, and bought me the cake, no, TWO cakes, and two boxes of durian pancakes for the whole family. My mom said it's good to be his younger sister nowadays (no more geting beaten up by him!), because when I request something he'll get it for me and I needn't pay, whereas if my mom asks him to buy something he'll claim money, haha. Then there was the dress he recently got me, and the money he gave me to buy something for myself on my birthday, and the CD he bought me for my previous birthday, and the other CD he bought me just because I said I wanted it...

I'm the spoilt 小姐 in the family!

I am so blessed. :)

Labels:

- supergirl soul-saved @ 7:58 pm :)