Love In The First Degree by Bananarama is playing on my iTunes right now, and I'm reminded of the arts orientation week days, when we spent time in the LT learning the moves to this song from mambo king <insert name, because I've forgotten>. The feeling at practices is always a far cry from the actual performance. When everyone's feeling buoyant and high, and participate enthusiastically regardless of whether they know the moves well, it's awesome. I love feeling everyone's spirit, it's like an undercurrent that takes us through the night. I kind of miss my freshman days. At least during that time we could take exposure modules together with friends.
Nevertheless, surprisingly, this semester I made two friends from my tutorial classes, which is quite a rarity. Making new friends can be fun, because it means you've got so much to learn about the person, and the learning process can be really enjoyable. At the start there won't be a dearth of topics to talk about, so chatting's very refreshing. Perhaps that's simply the novelty of new friends, because over time the frequency of chats usually die down - perhaps we realise that our characters don't suit each other's? If that's often the case why do we bother to make new friends? Do we hope that maybe that new friend will be here to stay? Whatever the case, at least each new friend made lights up my life for a short moment in time, so that life's not so mundane. But... should that be all we hope for?
Ah. On another note, I shall go and donate blood when I start work near HSA. :) I just hope my darn vein won't be too small again which causes the staff to be unable to draw my blood! >_<