About

Ramblings. Rantings. Ravings.

The Lady

22-year-old supergirl

Desires

freedom
courage
patience

Your Say


Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix

Entertainment

. postsecret
. icanhascheezburger
. xiaxue
. papergirlsshop
. crunchyroll

Recent Entries

> paint my day with gay colours
> not counting down, but counting blessings <3
> all good things come to an end
> 伯父さん、ごちそうさまでした!
> when you put poo and moo together
> A piece of advice from my friend:- - -im damn afra...
> make time stop... or just slow down
> homestay weekend \(^o^)/
> 何とかなるでしょう!
> warning: boring school rant

Lost Memories

> April 2007
> May 2007
> June 2007
> July 2007
> August 2007
> September 2007
> October 2007
> November 2007
> December 2007
> January 2008
> February 2008
> March 2008
> April 2008
> May 2008
> June 2008
> July 2008
> August 2008
> September 2008
> October 2008
> November 2008
> December 2008
> January 2009
> February 2009
> March 2009
> April 2009
> May 2009
> June 2009
> July 2009
> August 2009
> September 2009
> October 2009
> December 2009
> February 2010
> April 2010
> June 2010
> September 2010
> October 2010
> November 2010
> December 2010
> January 2011

Thanks To

Designer: blueskyx* LG*
Edit: Adobe Photoshop CS2*
Fonts: Dafont*
Brushes: x
Image: o
Host: Blogger* Photobucket*
Thanks: Blogskins*

SMASHING SATURDAY!
Sunday, 20 July 2008

I'd better update about my day yesterday before I go about my activities for the day and accumulate more photos and events to talk about! It was a long, loooong day yesterday, but I hadn't felt so happy the whole day in such a long time!

We met at an auditorium at 9.45am, in preparation for our graduation ceremony of sorts, an indication that we are done with our year at Waseda. Although it was supposed to be formal, it was interesting seeing the varying degrees of formality that people presented. Some had pretty poor behaviour up on stage (we had to go up individually to collect our certificates), but all in all it was good!


kinda reminds me of NUS


a little cheering before the school song

After the ceremony, there was a reception, somewhat like a farewell party. It was good to have most of the exchange students there, because otherwise it would be difficult to meet up with all our friends one by one to take pictures, say our farewells etc. Still, it didn't feel very much like farewell. It takes a long while for that feeling to sink in.


we have graduated!


fooling around with a classmate's hat

That day, I also met Yoon Jeong's favourite professor, whom I've heard a lot about. We often joked that she would drool whenever she met him, or talked about him etc. To me, meeting him was so-so, since I'm not crazy about him or anything, but I liked how I was introduced to him! As her "best friend in Japan". I know, I know, I'm such a simpleton! But it's a fact that it made me happy! I think at some points in time it's always nice to have an acknowledgement of friendship, to let someone know where they stand in our lives. Being in Japan was wonderful because I have a friend like her around! :D



yay to friendship!

Soon after the school stuff was over, I met up with my cousin. Since he was curious about university, I brought him on a quick tour through Waseda, and he seemed pretty fascinated by it. After dessert at the school cafeteria, we headed to Harajuku, where we fought with the HUGE NOISY PUSHING crowd at La Foret because there was this amazing sale, where one shop slashed prices up to 90%! It's the first time I actually went out with my cousin one-on-one. Apparently he did keep the slip of paper that was passed to him a long time ago with my contact details. He'd left it in his room, but one day he put it into his wallet, brought it to office and called me during his lunch time. Apparently he thought I'd be around till September or something, and he was thinking we can meet up to hang out during this period till I go home. Little did he know my return date is so soon! But I'm very happy that he contacted me. I guess when we were younger there was this childish guy-girl divide, but being older just makes me want to be friends with my cousins, especially when I only see them once in a blue moon! So anyhow, we went shopping, then had a mexican meal at a weird time which he paid for, then he sent me back. Ahhh. I like hanging out with my cousin. I got a promise out of him that we'll meet up for at least a meal or something when I get to my grandparents' place. :)


snuck a shot while he was chatting in my room

Once back in my dorm, I went out again to the Feel Japan party. There weren't that many people in attendance, but many of those who were there, were my friends. The food was one of the best ever, and the video that Yujiro prepared made everything seem more final! Like the end was drawing nearer. It was more personal than the Waseda farewell party, because this one had pictures of us going on trips together, having fun together... Yujiro got more upset than us who are leaving. But if you think about it, it must be rather heart-wrenching deleting about 50 contacts from your phone because those people's numbers won't be in use anymore.


the video. i loved the captions throughout the video


the cake he got for us all

After the party, we went for a spot of photo-taking outside the Okuma Auditorium, something Yoon Jeong and I had been wanting to do for a while!


the ladies waiting for me while i was on the phone


we four girls :)


bye bye waseda :(


L-O-V-E! <3


fooling around with the street lamp. haduuuuugen!

Then when we were done fooling around with the street lamps and clock tower, three of us spontaneously went for karaoke, my first time in Japan! It was already 11+pm then, but hey, the night's still young, right? It was awesome fun! I'd always been rather reluctant to go singing, because my singing sucks! This time, somehow I felt comfortable - probably because I decided not to care about the different standards of singing, and simply focus on having fun. After all, at least I know my own limits, and not take part in singing competitions and declare that I want to be the next Singapore Idol! No sir, I'm not in delusion about my capabilities, haha.


kelly t and i


busy singing, busy choosing songs

Although we'd planned to stay only for an hour or so, because 1) we have things to do (YJ has reports to write, I have my room to pack) and 2) once it passed 1am there's an extra 10% surcharge.... We couldn't control ourselves when we got into the karaoke room! Standing on the sofa and bouncing around while singing (okay, that was mainly me), doing all sorts of dumb stuff.. Ahhhh I enjoyed myself so much! When we finally dragged ourselves out of the place with bleary eyes, the sun had already risen, can you believe it?!


it was FIVE am!

My throat feels a little sore from all that singing. Anyhow. Shower, sleep, get up, blog, and I have to head to my grandparents' place soon to borrow a camera, my mom's yukata, then go meet my friends for the fireworks festival. More pictures to come!

Who says that goodbyes have to be sad?

(Okay actually... for now it's still fun. But I'm pretty sure I'll end up tearing/crying at the airport when it comes down to the final goodbye.) There's so much I love about my experience in Japan!

Labels: , ,

- supergirl soul-saved @ 12:17 pm :)