HA!
Before I go to bed, I just had to come here and crow with joy: I finished reading my Japanese book - way in advance, no less! Somehow I ended up reading the last 80 pages in one sitting (although it took me all night, or rather, many hours of this morning). It was a good feeling to be engrossed in a Japanese book, the way I always lose myself in an English one. The feeling of having my eyes devour the words, page after page, following the progress of the plot. The pleasant surprise of reading a line, flipping the page and realising that I'd just read the last line. The satisfaction of closing the cover with the knowledge that I'd completed the whole book.
I'm feeling pretty damn pleased with myself. My first Japanese book! :D At the same time I want to go out to get more books to read! And the resolution that when I get back home, I should start reading the many books that my mom owns.
And now, to hop into bed after giving myself a pat on the back. *smiles contentedly*